• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool A] Round 4 - Scotland vs. Russia (09/10/2019)

The only alternative is to continue to remind people every time "that it's only Russia"... That doesn't sound like a nice alternative.

Haha true! Dunno though, think when I've seen Scotland be on the end of pumpings I've preferred it when we're not told executing simple 2 on 1s is a sign of world class skills etc.

Have you ever watched an England, Wales or Ireland game? I agree it's annoying, but putting points on shite opposition always gets over-hyped.

I don't mind over-hyping to an extent and I understand it to an extent, but some of the stuff coming out was bordering on sickening. To be fair it was mainly Nick Mullins wanting to curry favour with Scott Hastings. Stuff like "George Horne has joined the pantheon of greats to score a hat trick at a world cup."

I guess it's personal opinion, but if I was a Scotland fan, I'd prefer a bit less of it because it's almost overcompensation for when Scotland play badly and almost like they have to praise them as much as possible when they get the chance because it might not happen again and comes across a bit patronising.

I don't mind over-hyping to an extent and I understand it to an extent, but some of the stuff coming out was bordering on sickening. To be fair it was mainly Nick Mullins wanting to curry favour with Scott Hastings. Stuff like "George Horne has joined the pantheon of greats to score a hat trick at a world cup."

I guess it's personal opinion, but if I was a Scotland fan, I'd prefer a bit less of it because it's almost overcompensation for when Scotland play badly and almost like they have to praise them as much as possible when they get the chance because it might not happen again and comes across a bit patronising.

Oh yeah, I agree it's nonsense but ITV must figure it's what we want!

Only saw snippets of this, good to get the BP and nil another team. By and large the concentration stayed enough to get the game done and out the way which is what was required, hopefully as said above they adapt the tactics to suit Japan because we will not get to run through defenses again like today. Horne Jr is making a big name for himself, maybe one out of the Shane Williams mold where his speed makes him a handy winger (burned the arse off Pyrgos anyway) and the support lines are nearly always perfect. Hastings needs more time to mature to gain consistency but no doubting there is the potential talent there which bodes well for the future of our 10s

Apparently we've set a record for most minutes without conceding!

Hornito was superb. A couple of dubious kicks but that aside he ran great lines and found space really effectively. If he can improve his kicking then we could have a top class 9 on our hands and great competition for Price after Laidlaw hangs up his international boots, presumably after this RWC. Can easily see Hornito becoming first choice 9 within a year or two.

The only alternative is to continue to remind people every time "that it's only Russia"... That doesn't sound like a nice alternative.

This

I would prefer pundits having fun and enjoying the rugby. It's exhausting to watch people whinge and moan and that's never in short supply. You can afford to have the odd rose tint.

Hornito was superb. A couple of dubious kicks but that aside he ran great lines and found space really effectively. If he can improve his kicking then we could have a top class 9 on our hands and great competition for Price after Laidlaw hangs up his international boots, presumably after this RWC. Can easily see Hornito becoming first choice 9 within a year or two.
Would love to see him and Pete both move back east and join Edinburgh. Pyrgos is often painfully slow to watch with his decision making at the back of the ruck. Would love to see what a more dynamic SH could do behind what is an excellent Edinburgh pack.

Would love to see him and Pete both move back east and join Edinburgh. Pyrgos is often painfully slow to watch with his decision making at the back of the ruck. Would love to see what a more dynamic SH could do behind what is an excellent Edinburgh pack.

Agreed on the Edinburgh move. It makes no sense for Price and Hornito to be at the same club with the latter warming the bench most weeks. Price to Edinburgh is also another option which would allow Hornito and Hastings to play regularly together at Glasgow which can only be a good thing for Scotland.

Nice and clinical. I know they tried the Finn / Hastings 10/12 before (strangely with the less mobile Finn at 12 I think?). I think that is worth a shot given the ordinary centre play for Scotland so far.

If I was in a match needing a try BP then I would do everything I could to get the explosive G Horne, Darcy and Kinghorn on the field. Doubt it'll happen though.

A shame for Russia who had been extremely respectable up until this point. I do think Tier2 struggle more with 4 games on the bounce. Partly lack of depth, partly inferior conditioning and recovery.

Latest posts