• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool B] Round 1 - New Zealand vs. South Africa (21/09/2019)

so, you generally say teams step up for world cups, the gap between teams gets smaller...and with the world rankings compacting in general...buggered if i know who will win.

Tonga aside we've looked a bit weak on the attack side of things this year...but if its wet that might not matter as it will be a tighter game anyway

We'll have to finally see what Hansen considers out first XV, surely he'll want to get the win so he might be able to rotate a couple of guys for the later pool games

Could be another draw lol

Could be either way SA or NZ to win.

I am kiwi bias so NZ.

If it's a wet track I'm backing the Springboks for sure. The NZ pack got monstered by the Wallabies of all teams only two games ago.

An open game would suit NZ far more.

IThe NZ pack got monstered by the Wallabies of all teams only two games ago.

Two games ago the Wallabies pack got monstered by a 7 All Blacks pack, in the second Bledisloe test. Maybe you are referring to the Perth game, which saw Scott Barrett sent off prior to half time?

I am backing New Zealand, although the game might be as close as the semi final of 2015.

Two games ago the Wallabies pack got monstered by a 7 All Blacks pack, in the second Bledisloe test. Maybe you are referring to the Perth game, which saw Scott Barrett sent off prior to half time?

I am backing New Zealand, although the game might be as close as the semi final of 2015.

To be fair Australia were dominating that game before the Barret red card.

I think this game will be similar to the Wellington game.

SA to win by 2 points.

Not only Jermone Garces but he will be assisted by Poite, its like world rugby Continually tries to sabotage and show SA rugby the middle finger. We probably only got Garces because Bryce Lawrence was unavailable. I don't like how hard on the whistle the French refs are
Its the boggling mind that does me, no telling when or what for with the whistle at times. I will put LOL so no one gets offended.:oops:

Depends on the refereeing doesn't it?

But in all fairness, we have been shafted by referees in the past and more importantly at World Cups (Remember Bryce Lawrence).

But you can't blame my countrymen for feeling this way due to history.
Aye but we know that when it comes to your countrymen and refereeing you've done your own share of shafting at world cups :p

Aye but we know that when it comes to your countrymen and refereeing you've done your own share of shafting at world cups :p

You mean Joubert disallowing France the 2011 ***le? If I were one for conspiracy theories I'd tend to think that's the reason we've had issue with French refs ever since.

I mean the "other" Joubert World Cup incident, when he gave a dodgy call against Scotland in the QFs then running from the field of play.

I mean the "other" Joubert World Cup incident, when he gave a dodgy call against Scotland in the QFs then running from the field of play.
Yeah but that hardly counts. Any on-pitch injustice is worth it for the sheer comedy value of all the Scots throwing their cabers out the pram

Edit: I hope that wasn't racist

What's the protocol around announcing team line ups during a WC? Are they required to make them public 4/3/2 days before?

I'll hold off on my prediction until those are out.

Weather prediction at the moment is cloudy with brief rain. I'm honestly going back and forth in my head who this could favour. Maybe the Boks because their game plan tends to suit what's required in those conditions?

giphy.gif

If it's a wet track I'm backing the Springboks for sure. The NZ pack got monstered by the Wallabies of all teams only two games ago.

An open game would suit NZ far more.

Just hoping it doesn't rain as much on Saturday lol

South Africa

15 Willie le Roux, 14 Cheslin Kolbe, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi (captain), 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Steven Kitshoff

Substitutes: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Tendai Mtawarira, 18 Trevor Nyakane, 19 RG Snyman, 20 Francois Louw, 21 Herschel Jantjies, 22 Frans Steyn, 23 Jesse Kriel

South Africa

15 Willie le Roux, 14 Cheslin Kolbe, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Damian de Allende, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Handre Pollard, 9 Faf de Klerk, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Pieter-Steph du Toit, 6 Siya Kolisi (captain), 5 Franco Mostert, 4 Eben Etzebeth, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Malcolm Marx, 1 Steven Kitshoff

Substitutes: 16 Bongi Mbonambi, 17 Tendai Mtawarira, 18 Trevor Nyakane, 19 RG Snyman, 20 Francois Louw, 21 Herschel Jantjies, 22 Frans Steyn, 23 Jesse Kriel

Hell of a strong team for the Boks.

So we now await the AB team announcement.

Latest posts