• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool B] Round 2 - South Africa vs. Namibia (28/09/2019)

Don't put your house on it but 80% chance it'll be Elton Jantjies. Frans Steyn for anything over 50m possibly.

On the team. Its a full rotation but TBH half of these players I have ahead of players vs NZ. Well, probably not half. Let me see;

RG Snyman, Sbu Nkosi, Herschell Jantjies... probably Beast and Mbonambi. So that's 5 players. if you take out Mapimpi and Am who started vs NZ that's 5/12. Suppose that is close enough to half.

So if I read between the lines Nyakane is unavailable due to injury. I haven't read anything about him being sent home so hopefully he'll be fit sooner rather than later.

Good that both Mapimpi and Nkosi get game time. Nkosi will probably show he is a better rounded wing and Mapimpi proponents won't be able to say its because Nkosi had a go at Namibia because Mapimpi is there as well. Excited to see Gelant have a go as well.

We should win handsomely but only if we do the hard work first. If we rush it thinking Namibia will simply roll over we should still win but will make it difficult for ourselves.

You'll do a Fiji !!!

So if I read between the lines Nyakane is unavailable due to injury. I haven't read anything about him being sent home so hopefully he'll be fit sooner rather than later.
Big Trevor's RWC is over unfortunately... He has gone back home and Thomas du Toit arrived a couple of days ago as a replacement.

Is there any good place for discussion about Rugby and national identity?
Of course I know that "Namibia and South Africa are completely separate countries", but Namibia's independence is not very old.

They're quite different culturally. Namibia is German and SA is Anglo-dutch heritage. You can find many SA products in Namibian stores and many of the wealthier Namibian families send their kids to boarding schools in South Africa, but that is about the end of it.

Back to the match, I am pleased that the trio of Pollard/Faf/Le roux are not starting. Other players can now compete for the places.

The score is not important, so long as we get a bonus point win. I want to see some good play by the backs, no kicking for nothing and less penalties.

Many Namibians are Afrikaans though and my old University in Potch was filled with those pesky Afrikaans foreigners from Namibia, just joking they are cool but they basically use our universities so many of them are culturally the same as us. Anyway sorry for derailing the thread, but its not moving really so i guess you cant derail a still standing train.

Many Namibians are Afrikaans though and my old University in Potch was filled with those pesky Afrikaans foreigners from Namibia, just joking they are cool but they basically use our universities so many of them are culturally the same as us. Anyway sorry for derailing the thread, but its not moving really so i guess you cant derail a still standing train.

I guess all of us just wants the match to start. But I'm starting to think what the scores will be in this game. I'm thinking, what will satisfy me to let me think we are still on track even after our defeat last week, and should we be afraid that we might lose to Italy like we thought might actually happen prior to Rassie's appointment...

I think if we score 50+ points, I'll be a happy chappy. Don't care what the Namibians score will be, but if we can put 50 up. I'll still have that confidence I had prior to the start of the WC.

Bokke will score plenty of points and we won't lose to Italy.

I think this will be the biggest score so far in the WC. It is against the weakest team in it after all.

South Africa has dominated the region, and Afrikaans though elective, is taught in Zimbabwean an Botswana schools, but is probably a compulsory subject in Namibian junior schools. Similarly biltong can be found in Zambia, Malawi and Angola. The culture only stops at the francophone countries further north, like the Congo.

Back to the game, I am looking forward to seeing the impact that Brits will make, and I am hoping for some magic out wide from Nkosi. Good to see Etsebeth rested for this one, he lacked luster against the All Black's.

I will be satisfied with a bonus point win and a moderate score with a low penalty count.

I hope Jantjies have such a cracker he replaces "let's kick this ball nowhere Faf" in the bigger games
Brits & Kwagga can set this game alight

I hope Jantjies have such a cracker he replaces "let's kick this ball nowhere Faf" in the bigger games
Brits & Kwagga can set this game alight

Do you honestly believe that Fat is doing it on his own without being ordered to do so by the coaches. Do you think that the coach would keep him in his team game after game if Faf defied his orders and kicked the ball when Rassie asked him to rather just run and pass the ball?

If I was a betting man then I would say faf is doing what he is doing as a result of orders from management. We know he has a lovely running game and a sharp fast pass. But that's the tactics the coaches expect you to play in such humid conditions in a high intensity match. NZ kicked nor than us in the previous game and they won.

If a player defies the orders then he would be out the team very quickly otherwise the coach has no authority. Blame Rassie for all the Faf kicks

off course not, but his execution suck = result stays poor

10 minutes though of scrummaging under the Namibian sticks. Bit dull tbh.

Maybe Japan have spoiled me.

Getting a penalty and opting for a scrum instead of a kick to the poles is always for me the most baffling thing. The scoreboard always wins in the end. Doesn't matter who the opposition is.

Latest posts