• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool B] Round 2 - South Africa vs. Namibia (28/09/2019)

All pretty irrelevant though. Nothing of import left to play for in this game.

Nothing really happening in this game, although I will say that anytime I've ever seen Janties play he's always failed to impress me.

Jantjies for Jantjies tackled by....
Jantjirs. ;)

31-3 Par score for the Boks, Rassie will be disappointed with EJ's kicking and the soft penalties

Obviously Namibia aren't world beaters but there is no doubt to me that they are getting sharper with turnover ball and in open play. I want to see them throw a bit more of this into the mix against Tier1 opponents rather than just smashmouth.

It is putting Italy's decent performance into context. Pretty sobering viewing from an Italian perspective. Celebratory drinks for beating Namibia and Canada is embarrassing.

Obviously Namibia aren't world beaters but there is no doubt to me that they are getting sharper with turnover ball and in open play. I want to see them throw a bit more of this into the mix against Tier1 opponents rather than just smashmouth.

It is putting Italy's decent performance into context. Pretty sobering viewing from an Italian perspective. Celebratory drinks for beating Namibia and Canada is embarrassing.

I think the main difference is that Namibia never looked like they would score a try if they played for a month. Also it looked like the Boks were playing at 75%.

Was the Italian team against Namibia an A side or a B side?

EJ was kak.

I would give that performance 6/10 but it was the B side who looked like they were running through the motions at 75%

I think the main difference is that Namibia never looked like they would score a try if they played for a month. Also it looked like the Boks were playing at 75%.

Was the Italian team against Namibia an A side or a B side?

Pretty close to first choice, particularly in the backs. You can see why I am a touch nervous, there is a gulf. Still, I think the Boks would be level with or slight underdogs against Ireland, but they'd ease past Japan. So it's been a great day for them if they have picked up no injuries. Losing to the ABs could be a blessing in disguise.

Pretty close to first choice, particularly in the backs. You can see why I am a touch nervous, there is a gulf. Still, I think the Boks would be level with or slight underdogs against Ireland, but they'd ease past Japan. So it's been a great day for them if they have picked up no injuries. Losing to the ABs could be a blessing in disguise.

Yip if they now avoid Ireland in the quarters, massive result for the books. Path to the final looking much easier now

Namibia weren't bad, a real positive of the world cup is that the weaker sides like Namibia, Russia and Ireland have generally managed to let things get too embarrassing. (Partially a joke but also serious, looks like we'll avoid any 80-90 point am hammerings)

New Zealand will probably ruin this though.

Namibia weren't bad, a real positive of the world cup is that the weaker sides like Namibia, Russia and Ireland have generally managed to let things get too embarrassing. (Partially a joke but also serious, looks like we'll avoid any 80-90 point am hammerings)

New Zealand will probably ruin this though.

In the old days you might have been right. We'd chuck it around and and score 90, but the last World Cup we definitely had a different approach and used the 'minnow' games to work on something which tended to curtail the massive scores.

Yeah NZ will have two bites at the two weakest teams in the comp. One or both of those games will be probably a complete blowout. Shame the draw worked out that way, ideally you'd have all the semi-amateur teams in different pools at least.

I'm pleased to see that 100-0 looks more and more like a thing of the past, though.

Latest posts