• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool B] Round 2 - South Africa vs. Namibia (28/09/2019)

I really wanted to see Kolbe come on at FB at 60 min. I like the idea at that.

Schalk Brits will be an important player to bring on from the bench from the QF onwards.

I hate the fact that Elton Jantjies is in this Bok squad. Mediocre and never really excels despite talk of him doing so. He needs to step up, literally.

I hate the fact that Elton Jantjies is in this Bok squad. Mediocre and never really excels despite talk of him doing so. He needs to step up, literally.
He is rubbish, poor kicking, offers nothing on attack and is a liability on defence.

Yeah, I have to say, I think he was the main reason why our backline didn't fire as it could. His decision making was also poor. It was very interesting that Namibia was also using a rush defence tactic, and how Elton seemed a bit rushed at times.

Elton was poor and by far our worst player on the pitch. Our overall ball handling was terrible especially in the last 20min, against any T1 team we would have struggled with the way we played.

Elton was poor and by far our worst player on the pitch. Our overall ball handling was terrible especially in the last 20min, against any T1 team we would have struggled with the way we played.

True, but we wouldn't have played so loose against a tier 1 side. We won the game in the first 20 min and then just coasted through the game. Limiting injuries and having a decent run out. Remember that some of the guys last game was against Australia in the RC. That's basically 5 weeks of no game time...

Not a whole bunch to talk about here. I thought the B-sdie pack did well to lay a foundation but the backline didn't take full opportunity. A lot of that I felt was due to them rushing it and not really having set plays. Credit to Namibia for not just folding.

I was frustrated with Gelant not coming in to create the overlap but rather wanting to go back infield in an attempt to step the entire Nam 15 himself.. without much success. Nkosi didn't get any opportunity but also didn't go looking for any. Thought Jantjies' service at least was a step up from what we got from Faf but the box kicking continued to be attrocious from him and Reinach. At one point we had such a laugh as we had a two man overlap because Nam had 4 guys back fielding for kicks and we still kicked.. pathetic really. Whatever happened to heads-up rugby? Are we simply incapable or are we holding back?

TBH not one of the starting players in the backline looked like they are going to replace anyone anytime soon. I think NZ will embarass Namibia and Russia. Namibia did well to contain us but a lot of that I felt was due to our own lack of direction.

Not a whole bunch to talk about here. I thought the B-sdie pack did well to lay a foundation but the backline didn't take full opportunity. A lot of that I felt was due to them rushing it and not really having set plays. Credit to Namibia for not just folding.

I was frustrated with Gelant not coming in to create the overlap but rather wanting to go back infield in an attempt to step the entire Nam 15 himself.. without much success. Nkosi didn't get any opportunity but also didn't go looking for any. Thought Jantjies' service at least was a step up from what we got from Faf but the box kicking continued to be attrocious from him and Reinach. At one point we had such a laugh as we had a two man overlap because Nam had 4 guys back fielding for kicks and we still kicked.. pathetic really. Whatever happened to heads-up rugby? Are we simply incapable or are we holding back?

TBH not one of the starting players in the backline looked like they are going to replace anyone anytime soon. I think NZ will embarass Namibia and Russia. Namibia did well to contain us but a lot of that I felt was due to our own lack of direction.

I think you are over-analysing this match way too much. We went guns blazing the first 20. Secured the win, and then just coasted through the rest of the game. Sure we weren't as fluent as we wanted. But we were the first team to score over 50 points in the tournament. What would've been the point to play risky rugby the last 30 minutes and get guys injured, especially when they are most probably more so a first-choice player.

Sure the handling was poor. But you have to give credit to Namibia, actually to all the minnows, they have all improved significantly with regard to defensive structures, and handling. Plus the heat and humidity doesn't help the cause to play risky all the time.

Latest posts