• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool B] Round 3 - England vs. Argentina (05/10/2019)

Honestly it would be legitimately great for rugby in Great Britain. The entire nation (minus Scotland and NI) would be buzzing for a week.
I couldn't stand it. If the Welsh won a World Cup it would be bad enough. But of they did it beating us we would never hear the end of it. I'd have to emigrate to to the end of the earth. The pressure would be unbearable.

Honestly it would be legitimately great for rugby in Great Britain. The entire nation (minus Scotland and NI) would be buzzing for a week.
I couldn't stand it. If the Welsh won a World Cup it would be bad enough. But of they did it beating us we would never hear the end of it. I'd have to emigrate to to the end of the earth. The pressure would be unbearable.
We'd win though;)
well of course. But even the mild threat posed by the Hymn Singing sheep botheres would terrible.

Because Argentina haven't got the ability to play 60 mins at 14 men, England do against non top teir teams.

So, in other words, England won both games because they are a better side than Argentina, regardless of cards.

Just what I'd like to be borne in mind.

Anyway. Today's game was ok from England. Think we were happy we had it in the bag after the red and just coasted the rest of the game. No one wanting to get injured or carded.
Billy looked very average. Wonder if he's gonna make it through this tournament?
Good to see Nowell back and firing although neither he, Slade or Mako got enough time to stretch their legs.

Another 90% ish performance from England. Still no real competition. Bit worried now that they are waiting too long to bring their A game and when it's needed it may not come at all. Or worse still, this is the A game!!!

Clearly David's never dealt with guy before.

The result was never in doubt after the red.

If Daly can play like that every game I'll shut up. IF.......

Despite the score I think we missed a real opportunity to lay down a marker though. We had a good kip for most of the 2nd half against 14 men. We could / should have put 50+ on them, which would have sent a real message that we'll be totally ruthless when given a sniff.

Despite 3 big wins, it feels like we're misfiring a bit.

As well as Faz's kicking being off he was uncharacteristically indecisive on a few occasions.

The lateness of Mako, Nowell and Slade's arrivals when the match was long won tells me that the coaches weren't totally convinced by their fitness. Nowell took his try v well.

I'm going to be controversial.

but against France I would like to to see Faz Manu and JJ.

Wanting to rest Ford for the QF is a bad thing?
Actually my theory is why Ford came off is worry about a Farrell delayed concussion and not being availiable for France.

Latest posts