• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool B] Round 3 - England vs. Argentina (05/10/2019)

Just to satisfy Bushy, I don't think bringing up our past wars and conquests is very smart. We did a lot of horrible things in the past and our wonderful lauded education system completely ignores teaching any of it.

It's also completely irrelevant to current events and rugby.
And people get angry if they do try to teach proper history.

I just take an attitude if people want to bring it up I will look it up. I get a bit frustrated with "all the times you ducked us, well one time we ducked you". Look I know along with the French, Germans and Spanish were histories baddies....but we don't need to bring it up every sporting event...

Just to satisfy Bushy, I don't think bringing up our past wars and conquests is very smart. We did a lot of horrible things in the past and our wonderful lauded education system completely ignores teaching any of it.

It's also completely irrelevant to current events and rugby.
Bushy satisfied :)

This is exactly what I mean about Creevy's talk of war. Don't think @Cruz_del_Sur has helped though what with "We BEAt U MoRE AT WaRZ" comments either though.

Whilst discussing the Falklands conflict itself and all the rest falls outside this thread, the fact a prominent Argentine player has brought it up is well worthy of debate/criticism IMO.

thought I had landed on the political tread for a minute but realised it was just Cruz and his inferiority complex about the Falklands.

So can someone please explain that if Nowell is fit why Daly is in the side?

Also Mako has hardly played a game of rugby and he is on the bench. Sorry would have kept Genge in there.

So can someone please explain that if Nowell is fit why Daly is in the side?

Also Mako has hardly played a game of rugby and he is on the bench.

These are both the same, aren't they?
Neither has played in an age so need easing back in.

I suppose the difference is Daly isnt in form were as Genge is.
No harm with resting Gengey for a game or two to give Mako a chance to get up to speed. Could still be a long way to go in this tournament.

That said if Argentina are going all out headhunting I would probably want Genge on the pitch. Won't take a backwards step and has a fairly cool head these days.

I suppose the difference is Daly isnt in form were as Genge is.
Genge has been scrummaging really poorly, though - if anything it should be Mako starting and Genge bench, as Marler has played a ton, but I don't think they trust Mako to start at his fitness level

Genge has been scrummaging really poorly, though - if anything it should be Mako starting and Genge bench, as Marler has played a ton, but I don't think they trust Mako to start at his fitness level
I tend to go against the orthodoxy, and prefer to start the injury returners.
It's a matter of arse-covering in case we got it wrong as to how long they can last. If you think they can go 30 minutes; and bring them on at 50; but you're wrong, and they're blowing out their arse for the last 10 minutes - it's too late to do anything about it (except props, who are allowed to be snowflakes here). If you start them, intending to replace on 30; but they only reach 20; then so be it - the replacement just gets 10 minutes longer than they were expecting.

I tend to go against the orthodoxy, and prefer to start the injury returners.
It's a matter of arse-covering in case we got it wrong as to how long they can last. If you think they can go 30 minutes; and bring them on at 50; but you're wrong, and they're blowing out their arse for the last 10 minutes - it's too late to do anything about it (except props, who are allowed to be snowflakes here). If you start them, intending to replace on 30; but they only reach 20; then so be it - the replacement just gets 10 minutes longer than they were expecting.

Definitely method in your madness. Especially in a world cup where you can't just whistle up a replacement to give someone an extra match to recover. We're not at the stage where we need to gamble, but we do need to understand where Mako, Slade and Nowell are at.

Talking about gambles, Sanchez out of the 23, I didn't see that coming. Not that he was playing that good since he went to France but that's pretty shocking, I don't like this... at all...
On the other hand, I like Creevy in the bench, he was a good impact in SR; for instance I remember a game against highlanders where it was a good move. In adition Montoya, our tryman, deserves his spot...

P.d: Let's stay on topic guys...

Short memories here. Daly hasn't played well in two games but let's not let eradicate two years of being an exceptional player. We're talking about the same guy that started all three tests for the Lions yeah?

Short memories, or form being temporary? No different to POM captaining the side in the first test and subsequently being talked about as the best in the world in his position and is now struggling to retain his shirt.

As noted,Daly was a wing for the Lions with an excellent full back behind him.

This will be an absolute fisting.

England are on easy street till the semis where they'll themselves get fisted by NZ.

Latest posts