• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool B] Round 3 - England vs. Argentina (05/10/2019)

So I went to the local brewery and purchased a 5L keg for the game. Might as well write off the rest of the day.

I'm so jealous, I've got so much family admin I won't even have a beer until around 5 in the evening....oh to be young again.

Chipping in here because my focus is on other teams and other threads, but I do not see an Argentinian victory. The English carriers (back trio) are killers, and the centres are class.

I hold out hope though that Argentina will cause an upset of sorts, throw a wild card over Eddie's head and sending him into meltdown.

Looking forward to lots of bashed fists on desks.

Creevy and Sanchez not playing ? That does not bode well for the Argies.

I have a confession to make. I'm English and at times I can be arrogant. Usually come tier one fixtures I'm full of trepidation and Argentina are not to be taken lightly. However, I'm unnaturally confident. Despite all the talk of Super Rugby success Argentina are well a bit er. rubbish. Their forwards are rubbish and their backs are er. rubbish. Former strengths are not what they were and players who might really strike fear into the opposition have not been considered due to the parochial selection policy. Cordero for example is a real game changer but we don't have to worry about him.......... Argentina won't beat us in the tight and they won't beat us in the loose. There's nothing to fear but fear itself here.

When we lose I will accept a full portion of humble pie to go with this post..................

Last edited:
We reach the point were if the other team give us something we can take advantage of it. Meaning if England does not play well we can put points. That being said i dont think that will be the case.

I think it will be tight to some extend and then slowly but surely England will start to put points. My guess 35-17 to England.

ps> Sanchez is not playing well at all so meh.

I'm not that confident I must be honest, I'll take England by 1

England by 8-10.
We're essentially into knock-out rugby now, and things tighten up. We should win, and away from a RWC, is back this England team to put a 15-20 point margin on this Argentine team, but not in knock-out mentality.
With the quality difference, and knock-out mentality, we need to be looking to deny Arg a LBP.
I'm looking for a coherent performance, without any particular dips in intensity. If we get that, I'll take a 1 point custody without complaint. If we don't get that, I'll reserve the right to complain, even if we win by 14 (3 scores up, and I'll forgive a lapse)

England by 8-10.
We're essentially into knock-out rugby now, and things tighten up. We should win, and away from a RWC, is back this England team to put a 15-20 point margin on this Argentine team, but not in knock-out mentality.
With the quality difference, and knock-out mentality, we need to be looking to deny Arg a LBP.
I'm looking for a coherent performance, without any particular dips in intensity. If we get that, I'll take a 1 point custody without complaint. If we don't get that, I'll reserve the right to complain, even if we win by 14 (3 scores up, and I'll forgive a lapse)

I would love a relaxing morning.

English Arrogance Activate!!!!!

The Argies should be little more than a speed bump for us. A step up in challenge but we should not be struggling. I expect us to control the game, and win by a comfortable margin. Anything less and that would not bode well for the rest of our campaign.

what I would like to see from us:
1. A strong start, coming out the blocks hard and fast. A good dose of shock and awe to rock them early and put them on the back foot. We will need that approach for the later stages

2. I'd like to keep them tryless. That would set a good marker for our defensive capabilities.

3. Play our game not theirs for the full 80. Control tempo and make good decisions.

looking forward to a good game. Not sure I'll take on a keg like the lad above, but a cheeky morning beer might be just the ticket with a bacon butty.

The bookies are saying England by 16 and I'd take that no question.

I don't think we need to prove any points. Just get the win in the bag.

Not sure about everyone else... but I actually prefer Inverdale as a Rugby broadcast host over Poo-Gash.

Both are shite. I actually think Poo-gash knows nothing about rugby.

Much prefer Craig Doyle.

FYI. Beer is open
Oh I'm no fan of Invers... just using it as an example of how low I rate Pooey-gash...

upload_2019-10-5_8-32-0.jpeg

Lol flat
Both are shite. I actually think Poo-gash knows nothing about rugby.

Much prefer Craig Doyle.

FYI. Beer is open
thats hardcore dude, not sure if I would be divorced or marched to AA if I was drinking at this hour.

enjoy....

Lol flat

thats hardcore dude, not sure if I would be divorced or marched to AA if I was drinking at this hour.

enjoy....

ion8c.jpg

Latest posts