• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool B] Round 3 - Japan vs. Samoa (05/10/2019)

Don't be so negative!

So far I'm seeing a Samoan team that have a sniff at victory. No one likes to keep losing.

Hold my beer.. See what happens after in the next 10mins.
tenor.gif

I'm sorry despite the ITV commentator stating it's totally conclusive under the framework it totally isn't. Ioane's arm isn't in a "sling position" at all (as stated in commentary). The sling position was demonstrated perfectly by Quill in the USA game. It's not a shoulder charge it's an attempted tackle and there's an attempt to wrap arms. There's not direct contact to head either. It's as soft as you get.....

Didnt Fidow get a RC vs Scotland (2 YCs)?
I was under the impression you couldnt play the next game after a red card.

The last few cards (Italy, Argentina, Samoa) have been fully deserved, and is ruining these matches for spectators. If you were new to rugby you would think this is the norm.

If there's nothing in it then why are you stopping the game tmo.

This will be interesting. Nige penalised Courtney for exactly the same thing earlier. Charging down players are now allowed to clatter the player if they make the charge down but if they don't and touch them it's a penalty....... Odd....

I do like Japan and admire the way they have hosted the RWC but it is normal/fair for the host nation to get such plum scheduling/turnarounds? They will have played in the first and last pool game and will have had longer turnarounds when playing against all of their main competitors i.e. Ireland, Samoa and Scotland.
Yup England had a plumb schedule last time so did New Zealand and Australia. France got short changed.

1999 had the weird 5 group format. And before that it was 16 teams.

This will be interesting. Nige penalised Courtney for exactly the same thing earlier. Charging down players are now allowed to clatter the player if they make the charge down but if they don't and touch them it's a penalty....... Odd....

Didn't see that one but I thought the Lawes penalty was because the late contact hit your man's face and there was nothing in it after that?

Late hits have definitely been interpreted more strictly in this tournament though, Matera's earlier would have been fair game not long ago for example.

Yup complete nonsence and far worse than the directives in terms of mad decisions.

That was fair I think. He did make contact with the head. Could have been a worse result for Japan?

The last few cards (Italy, Argentina, Samoa) have been fully deserved, and is ruining these matches for spectators. If you were new to rugby you would think this is the norm.
The problem is most these especially the Argentina one have been cards for some time and nothing to do with the new framework.....like why is it players this tournaments think they'll get away with this ****?

Yup England had a plumb schedule last time so did New Zealand and Australia. France got short changed.

1999 had the weird 5 group format. And before that it was 16 teams.

I'd have thought home advantage and cherry picking match venues to maximise home support etc. would be enough of a benefit. It is meant to be professional sport after all and will have an impact on rankings/seedings which may be important for the next RWC draw.

Latest posts