• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool B] Round 3 - Japan vs. Samoa (05/10/2019)

tenor.gif
Only 4 points difference after the card. So not that bad!

Just said that out loud, I'm not quite convinced internally yet.

That late HIA was an interesting call.
It was an interesting call. I'm glad there wasn't a card but suspect it may be cited.. To me a penalty was sufficient punishment though.

I was going to say earlier. Japan have improved massively since 2015. They are now on par and can be better than the Pacific Island nations. (I don't want to get into a debate about the Island nations.)

That's where Japan are at though. They can beat any team on their day. Looking at any team other than NZ and England at this stage (The only teams not to lose to a Pacific Island team).

My point, Samoa are well in this match.

Fitzy comparing Japan to the AB's... now no disrespect but I know who I'd rather be playing.
I missed all the half time BS, that's quite something.

*edit*
So those mauls have been happening all tournament with splintering and pods, why the sudden change?

Consistency is all I ask.

Last edited:
Just about how teams always raise their game when they face the All Blacks and now teams are doing it when facing Japan.
Think he might have that a bit backwards. Japan are raising their game against Tier 1 sides and getting scalps. In this Samoa are actually more on par with them normally.

Also disagree about teams always raising their game against the ABs as he's clearly not watched enought 6 Nations rugby when England are involved. ..;)

Ball out, fine, but you surely have to come to get it from an onside position.

Is there some new rule allowing Japan to be constantly offside & not getting called on it?

This is potentially massive for the Jocks. A non BP win for Japan makes the last game a winner takes all regardless of bonus points. Could result in a drop goal finish if the match is tight.

I've got a horrible feeling a narrow win isn't enough for Japan. Not only not getting the BP, but having a narrow points margin basically makes the Scotland game a knockout.

I've got a horrible feeling a narrow win isn't enough for Japan. Not only not getting the BP, but having a narrow points margin basically makes the Scotland game a knockout.

There's nothing horrible about it :D It could make it a more exciting finale.

Latest posts