• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool B] Round 3 - Japan vs. Samoa (05/10/2019)

Imagine if Japan once again failed to qualify after winning 3 games but losing the last one to Scotland...

Start of a rivalry :D

Imagine if Japan once again failed to qualify after winning 3 games but losing the last one to Scotland...

Start of a rivalry :D
I wonder what the reaction would be. Scotland got awful abuse last time because Japan had a short turnaround, I somehow doubt it'd be much different in certain parts of the web even though the hosts have everything going for them this time!

I wonder what the reaction would be. Scotland got awful abuse last time because Japan had a short turnaround, I somehow doubt it'd be much different in certain parts of the web even though the hosts have everything going for them this time!

Scotland's turn around is brutal. They play Wednesday then Sunday against Japan and have to BP win both to ensure they qualify directly.

Yeah the 4 day turnaround is only an issue if you've got two big games and can't rest the players. Scotland seconds will beat Russia no problem.

Yeah the 4 day turnaround is only an issue if you've got two big games and can't rest the players. Scotland seconds will beat Russia no problem.

The only question mark are the seconds able to get a BP win v Russia. Ireland put a strong side out against them and laboured to a BP win. On paper they should but failure to do means they will have to get a BP win v Japan and stop them from getting any BPs which is itself a tall order regardless of dodgy scrum feed / offside penalty calls.

Russia will know the Scots won't be going full strength and will see this as an opportunity. They also seem to be getting better and better with each pool game.

Eh, I dunno. Ireland were really messy but I don't think Russia were much to do with that, it was more playing in the Kobe hotbox. They had plenty of ball.

My recording of this failed then ITV haven't been updating their hub games regularly so i weakened and watched 3mins highlights and it turned out to be decent. :(

Now that's a home call when was the last time a feed has ever been called?

There was 100% a crooked feed penalty called earlier in the tournament, I want to say against Uruguay. Pretty sure it was against someone who plays in blue so could be any one of about 12 teams. It happened on about the same day as Laidlaws solo try because I remember feeling like the rugby world had been turned on its head.

Needless fo say, it is more likely it was called in this game because it was so crooked that the ref was embarrassed.