• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool B] Round 3 - New Zealand vs. Namibia (06/10/2019)

What do you mean by "handicap"?

It's from bookmakers. Before a game you can go to any sports betting site and find even odds (i.e. bets that are, according to the bookies, 50% likely to happen) on a team to get more or less than a certain point margin. I this game, New Zealand were considered equally likely to win by more or less than 69 points.

This is just weird. How are NZ losing so much of their own ball?

I'd give a Red for that, but at least a Yellow deserved

Of course you would you fanny.

It was barely a cardable offense, the Namibian player literally fell over into the tackler. Nothing else Laulala could do.

It's from bookmakers. Before a game you can go to any sports betting site and find even odds (i.e. bets that are, according to the bookies, 50% likely to happen) on a team to get more or less than a certain point margin. I this game, New Zealand were considered equally likely to win by more or less than 69 points.

Umm New Zealand wins all it's games by more or less than 69 points, strangely we also lose by the same numbers.

;)

All Blacks clearly aren't putting the foot on the gas.

Trying pressure situations etc like the previous world cup.

As Hansens said multiple times, you learn nothing or don't gain anything from putting 100 on these teams.

Either mentally the All Blacks just aren't taking this game as seriously as the previous games, leading to mental mistakes, or Namibia just has improved drastically recently

Either mentally the All Blacks just aren't taking this game as seriously as the previous games, leading to mental mistakes, or Namibia just has improved drastically recently

It's the latter. Namibia are playing good basic rugby.

All Blacks clearly aren't putting the foot on the gas.

Trying pressure situations etc like the previous world cup.

As Hansens said multiple times, you learn nothing or don't gain anything from putting 100 on these teams.

Probably this actually

It is a pretty disjointed ABs team I can't imagine these are combinations with a lot of game time.

I would also guess that Namibia are throwing everything into the game.

I fear the gates are going to open now. Namibia need to pull an Italy and get their props off for uncontested scrums.

I think Namibia has played well and then some complacency from the Abs thinking the tries would originate with a few swings of the ball. NZ will probably hugely inflate the score in the second half but kudos to Namibia for that first half performance.

The Namibia vs Canada game will be worth watching.

I fear the gates are going to open now. Namibia need to pull an Italy and get their props off for uncontested scrums.
I hope not (but you are probably right), there would just be something funny and beneficial for world rugby if Namibia managed an upset.

Kiwis went back to basics after that card, and stopped thinking they could do whatever they wanted against a Namibia side that have been sniffing for mistakes at the breakdown and handling.

Really good to see the AB checked and reminded they have to play test rugby to win well, not just casually throw it around.

Anyway those two tries have restored some normalcy and we'll still see a big score after the break.

I hope not (but you are probably right), there would just be something funny and beneficial for world rugby if Namibia managed an upset.

You wouldn't find it funny lol. You would be reminded daily, see endless news feeds on it for 4 years, and there would be a movie made about it before you see it again in Heineken ads at the next tournament. The Japan thing was wonderful for everyone and World Rugby and bla bla, but for us it was the worst sporting catastrophe of all time and it's something none of us will ever truly get over. The fact that Ireland lost to them as well helped a smidgen.

To this day I have never, and will never ever watch highlights of that game.

I wish I waited until I saw the hamburgler was at 10 before I made my superbly prediction! This is killing me!

Fair play to Namibia though, love watching boys like this stepping up. Totally deserve the close score line, I can't imagine their fitness is going to hold up unfortunately.

You wouldn't find it funny lol. You would be reminded daily, see endless news feeds on it for 4 years, and there would be a movie made about it before you see it again in Heineken ads at the next tournament. The Japan thing was wonderful for everyone and World Rugby and bla bla, but for us it was the worst sporting catastrophe of all time and it's something none of us will ever truly get over. The fact that Ireland lost to them as well helped a smidgen.

The thing is that it doesn't really matter whether we win or lose the game as we will move on to the next round and play a team we have a good record against anyway so Namibia winning this would be great for the game.

Latest posts