• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool B] Round 3 - South Africa vs. Italy (04/10/2019)

That should be a red card there for the sake of consistency, exactly the same as Hodge.

Not that I think it's worthy of a 3 game ban but if that's the way this world cup is being officiated then a citing and similar punishment needs to happen.

Kolbe is the new Jason Robinson. His ankles are made of memory foam.

The 'we're not beating them hard enough' moaning is really unavoidable isn't it?

This tweet just turned up in the ESPN commentary "Springboks making awfully hard work of breaking down a 14-man Italy. #RSAvITA". It was preceded by the Springboks scoring 22 points in 20 minutes.

Edit: The guy who tweeted is a professional journalist out in Japan. Kinell.

Last edited:
Kolbe MOTM. Heart in mouth but I think it looked worse than it was and he will be fine come QF time.

This kicking 6m from the line has to stop. Faf needs to go as well he is too far off form. Contest was over after the card, but we dominated every aspect of the game and if the scrums weren't uncontested it would have been even more one sided. We left 20 points out there but will take it.

Never claimed it though. Well aware the Aussie lads are universally disliked.
The saying doesn't mean that though... I'll try to reiterate using a just as recognisable saying 'those in glass-houses should not throw stones'.

and Italy targeted this game and can beat the Boks..., no go put up a poster of Kolbe in your change room and then book a ticket home.
Good performance, better forwards and backs integration, much improved kick chase game
Getting ready for the quarter finals, looking strong

It's about the worst example of that particular type of tackle I've seen. It's actually pretty filthy. Where have I seen it before?... Oh I remember O'Driscoll for the Lions. But we all know that was just a purely accidental action carried out by two saints of the game and was correctly left unpunished........ Obviously in order to remain consistent World Rugby will immediately exonerate the Italians........:):):)

The saying doesn't mean that though... I'll try to reiterate using a just as recognisable saying 'those in glass-houses should not throw stones'.
Hrmm. So if i was calling someone out for ragging on someone for being dislikeable, who are generally disliked themselves, even though my team are also disliked... shouldn't it be once removed? Something like 'The pot called the kettle called the pan black'?

If both those props get cited, will Italy have any looseheads to select for the NZ game?

Can we expect even more uncontested scrums?

It's about the worst example of that particular type of tackle I've seen. It's actually pretty filthy. Where have I seen it before?... Oh I remember O'Driscoll for the Lions. But we all know that was just a purely accidental action carried out by two saints of the game and was correctly left unpunished........ Obviously in order to remain consistent World Rugby will immediately exonerate the Italians........:):):)
World Rugby havent got a clue about consistency.

The Kerevi forearm fend may have, technically, been against the rules but there have been about 5 or 6 at least in other matches that drew no penalty or review at all.

WR are a joke on wheels.

Strange game. Not quite sure what to make of it. Happy enough for the win. Refs being very lenient this RWC. We were off side and sealing a bit. I felt the Italians got away with a few skew line-out throw ins. Don't know if there is much to be said though as the game was over as a contest after the red and that incident will overshadow anything else in the game. Possibly could've been red for both. I don't see any mitigation here. Might be said I don't know if there was much malice in it. Giving the benefit of the doubt to the props it might be one of those situations where because both were 'working' Vermeulen neither had much in the way of control over the situation? Should've just not continued but brain farts happen. Vermeulen looks fine though it is potentially extremely dangerous.

Hope Kolbe is fine.. was fantastic as ever and it'd be a shame if this was his tournament over. I won't be reading much into this game. Felt we had a bit of favor on top of complete forward dominance (apart from Poledri making a few tackle busts) in the set piece, maul and contact areas. Pity about the scrums.. We left a couple of tries though but if you gave me half this margin beforehand I'd have taken it. Good show, SA.

Faf is still crap. Willie is still crap. These 2 players are a massive problem.

Kicking 5m from the try line needs to stop immediately. Discipline was poor in first half.

Kolbe was excellent, and is by far and away our best player. Bongi, Etsebeth and De Allende were excellent. PSDT had a bad game by his standards. Pollard needs to focus and stop looking to kick all the bloody time when we have advantage. When Jantjies comes on the speed is far superior to Faf. If the scrums weren't uncontested we would have blown them away even more, and I think it was deliberate by them to have uncontested scrums (A failed HIA for a shoulder stinger? Suuuuuure). Lineouts and Mauls were very good, and we basically dominated every facet of play.

Should have been 2 red cards, and that was the dumbest act of foul play I have seen since we played Samoa years ago.

There is still a lot to work on, but I will take it.

Drop le Roux for F Steyn (At least his fatness means your 15 is a false 8 and can bash hard) or Willemse, drop Faf for Jantjies and have Reinach cover, and I would still drop Mapimpi for Nkosi.

Hrmm. So if i was calling someone out for ragging on someone for being dislikeable, who are generally disliked themselves, even though my team are also disliked... shouldn't it be once removed? Something like 'The pot called the kettle called the pan black'?
At the end of the day derps, you just do you (which I'm sure you will)... my two penneth is if you're a c**t (& I'm not suggesting you personally here) you calling someone else a c**t isn't gonna carry as much water as is if someone who is considered fairly pleasant had made the remark.

Was watching this without knowing the score with a bit of interest until the incident and then fast forwarded through knowing the scores would come. Italy were never going to win but a try could have made the Saffas sweat but then they started playing WWE wrestling, no sympathy.

Latest posts