• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool B] Round 4 - New Zealand vs. Italy (12/10/2019) *MATCH CANCELLED DUE TO BAD WEATHER*

Don't the All Blacks have the record of having won every RWC group game they've ever played?

Don't the All Blacks have the record of having won every RWC group game they've ever played?

Yup - surely this is a no contest rather than a draw. I get that for points or whatever they'll treat it that way, but surely for both nations test records you don't get a draw for not having even taken the field.

That won't change as they won't have played this game, it is equally true to say that they have never lost a pool game at an RWC.

:)

so New Zealand used their top team once, 5 weeks before the quarterfinal

England used their top team or something somewhat close a few times, and somewhat recently, though never got tested due to Argentina getting a red card.

france got tested a few times, but still will be a bit undercooked.

Japan would just get a rest after playing their top team 3 times, so pretty good for them.

as for the teams not affected,

wales had a few tough games and have a little rest. Pretty good prep there.

Ireland have been tested heaps and will get a good warmup against Samoa. You could say they are overcooked, but certainly in a better position than their quarterfinal opposition.

South Africa undercooked having faced a heavily carded Italy and otherwise only being tested in week one.

Australia not too badly off though it would have been a while since they were tested.

At least the props will have got their airmiles. Fitting that the the COS era (hopefully) ends on a washout.

I never realised italy could acctually go through if they won, imagine NZ threw the game and knocked SA out the WC. Japan vs italy QF :D.

I know a non issue as the games off and likely wouldnt have happened anyway but still the thought amused me :)

I never realised italy could acctually go through if they won, imagine NZ threw the game and knocked SA out the WC. Japan vs italy QF :D.

I know a non issue as the games off and likely wouldnt have happened anyway but still the thought amused me :)

Given the points differences, there was no way that South Africa could not qualify.

It was either the All Blacks or Italy for the final spot

Italy couldnt finish above SA

Latest posts