• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool B] Round 4 - South Africa vs. Canada (08/10/2019)

Red ruined the game
icon_sad.gif
The Canadians were about to stage a comeback.

Definitely reckon Canada are the worst team at the WC. How they held NZ to 63 points is beyond me.
Neither team appear to be struggling with handling as much as NZ, Scotland and Ireland did here. To be honest it doesn't look near as sweaty from the eye test either, might be a relatively mild day.

Janties starting to implode a bit despite the absence of pressure

Was just thinking Luke Pearce is doing well and then I'm sure Canada brought down the maul, after which there was a South African knock on.

Definitely reckon Canada are the worst team at the WC. How they held NZ to 63 points is beyond me.

Canada are the worst team at this cup and I don't think it's close. Compare what Canada and Namibia did against Italy.

Namibia might be better than Russia too. Have more about their game. Namibia could use the Russian openside, though.

Well Canadians are supposed to be kind and friendly. Obviously want to help S.A get to 100+ for a confidence boost.

Cobus Reinach was the best SH in the prem last season and should be clear first choice, i get hes playing Canada so made to look better but still he is class. Type of player who always is there running a support line, perfect for when he plays with Kolbe thats what he needs.

Its only 47 - 0 with 40 to go with 14 men. Was a stupid cheap shot and clear red.

Suppose 100 will be the target now. With the quality on our bench and assumed fatigue that's gonna start creeping in only lapses in our execution is going to keep the margin below 3 digits.

And my superbru pick is Canada by 59. At least it looks like noone is going to get a Margin BP.

I think any top team playing the minnows at this stage of the tournament will start racking up the points.

The minnows have to be tired now. They don't play as much rugby.

May see the century of points breached this week.

And that right there is why Faf needs to go. Reinach is pure class.
I'm a Sharks supporter and therefore have loved Reinach since the early days. I think he should be in the team but let's not get ahead of ourselves, that's not to say that Faf would not have been able to do something similar against this weak Canadian team.
Reinach looks like a man on a mission though so I would actually like it Reinach could become the backup to Faf in the big games.

I won't mind Reinach Starting with Faf on the bench either in the quarters, think they are very close and both experienced enough for a knockout. But Faf still provided some Fast and crisp service vs the Italians which led to some Springbok tries so honestly I would like both these guys in our team.

Minnow teams have not done themselves any favours this WC with the foul play and the subsequent red cards

Canada are the worst team at this cup and I don't think it's close. Compare what Canada and Namibia did against Italy.

Namibia might be better than Russia too. Have more about their game. Namibia could use the Russian openside, though.

I've not seen every minute of every game but would agree. The tier 2's I would guess on average have shipped less points than previous WC's. Generally been better organised. Be nice to have a tier two comp seeing as though they're there. Uruguay all the way....

Interesting, feel Luke Pearce has been a bit generous to Canada here.

The tier 2's I would guess on average have shipped less points than previous WC's.

There's no doubt about that being true. Like I said in another thread the best teams against the weakest used to be 120-3 and 140-0. At least that's a thing of the past (or if Canada manage it today, it would be if the European tier 2s hadn't been kicked out).

Unfortunately the two best attacking sides have gone up against probably the two weakest which has resulted in four chances at a complete blowout.

Yeah, nah, okay. SA with 0 focus now seemingly. SHould still rack up another maybe 30 odd points.

Latest posts