• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool C] Round 2 - Argentina vs. Tonga (28/09/2019)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
ozGqDLF.png

77TMMVD.png
j7lEIMe.png
DBiYQQC.png

Venue: Hanazono Rugby Stadium
Time: 06:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

Ayup, pretty much that, but they have to try to play themselves into some form to even have any chance of beating England if they have an off day. Pumas need to try Moroni back at centre I think. Orlando has never won me over.

BP win here... otherwise we are complicated, as to stay a chance let's say...

who cares we are out..

Way too early to say that. You already have a point and are more than capable of picking up the full 5 against Tonga.

Even if it's only 4, you've always expressed confidence at beating England in the past, so it's by no means game over yet.

Way too early to say that. You already have a point and are more than capable of picking up the full 5 against Tonga.

Even if it's only 4, you've always expressed confidence at beating England in the past, so it's by no means game over yet.
although is posible don't think is realistic to thimk we'll beat England atm.
so unless something strange happens to France or maybe an asteroid crashes the English scuad we are out. hope they prove me wrong. and if we play vs tonga the way we played the first half with France we are going to lose.

ARGENTINA

1 Nahuel TETAZ CHAPARRO
2 Julián MONTOYA
3 Juan FIGALLO
4 Guido PETTI
5 Tomás LAVANINI
6 Pablo MATERA (capt.)
7 Marcos KREMER
8 Tomás LEZANA
9 Tomás CUBELLI
10 Benjamín URDAPILLETA
11 Santiago CARRERAS
12 Jerónimo de la FUENTE
13 Matías ORLANDO
14 Matías MORONI
15 Emiliano BOFFELLI

Replacements: 16 Agustín CREEVY, 17 Mayco VIVAS, 18 Santiago MEDRANO, 19 Matías ALEMANNO, 20 Javier ORTEGA DESIO, 21 Felipe EZCURRA, 22 Nicolás SANCHEZ, 23 Bautista DELGUY

I've lost touch with Tonga this year and saw they got obliterated by the ABs. But they are a very competent side. If Argentina turn up feeling sorry for themselves they could end up in a tussle. But I think Argentina will show their ability when they have the upper hand in the breakdown.

Whatever happened to that young fly half Miotti? He started his Jaguares career superbly in the early weeks of SR. i thought he might have been fast tracked to the national team as a desperation measure.

Hard to evaluate as I know nothing about this fly half, but there was no sign of him gelling with the side when he came on game one. Regardless though

Pumas by 12

I've lost touch with Tonga this year and saw they got obliterated by the ABs. But they are a very competent side. If Argentina turn up feeling sorry for themselves they could end up in a tussle. But I think Argentina will show their ability when they have the upper hand in the breakdown.

Whatever happened to that young fly half Miotti? He started his Jaguares career superbly in the early weeks of SR. i thought he might have been fast tracked to the national team as a desperation measure.

Hard to evaluate as I know nothing about this fly half, but there was no sign of him gelling with the side when he came on game one. Regardless though

Pumas by 12
I agree if they start like vs France we are in trouble! plus we desperately need a BP here.
this.could play in their minds.
Tonga won't hold in the last 20 if we get there with a significant lead. I'm just hopping the nerves won't get lavanini red carded..
as for Miotti he's young and certainly is the future. has the skills and size to become a world class fly half. he needs time to develop .Sanchez been a failure don't know what the hack happened to him. some say France happened. . Miotti played and won the fist division curry final after SR. IMO ledesma did the right thing. let's see how urdapilleta does. he looked way better than Sanchez.

who cares we are out..

Well, Tonga have beaten France in a World Cup Pool game before iirc... so who knows. I get you're gutted after that French game... the game had a heck of a lot on it but qualification is still in Argentinian hands.

Win your remaining games and you qualify... if you guys can see the positives when facing up to NZ and SA, you should see the positives when facing England.

... and surely that history will fire your boys up!

prandi-Splitting-maul-German-type.jpg

Tonga tried to disrupt but then returned to their usual defence of the above image.

Siale Piutau going off for blood injury has caused massive issues for Tonga's midfield D and play.

The refs are awful in this RWC. Tonga comiited tons of offsides, hands in ruck.

Was there enough of an attempt to wrap?

28 - 14 would have been good. Ref poor for both sides, seems to ref the picture rather than what actually happens. Not sure why our Argies are complaining so much.

Latest posts