• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool C] Round 2 - England vs. USA (26/09/2019)

Youngs is looking glacial in current form compared to Heinz. My first thought when Heinz came on the scence was 'isn't that the kiwi who played agaisnt the Lion's?' All this will have been said before I'd have expected 3 9's one of which to be Spencer, as he looked set to establish himself in the England set up and with a load of Saracens players and potential 10 in Farrell it kind of made sense.

Part of me still thinks Jones is playing the long game as a secret mole...
I've got nothing personal against Heinz I just don't know why he's there, we have a 32 year old 'bolter' who was on precisely nobody's radar even 6 months ago, now if he was world class I could understand it and even probably get behind it, despite him being a Kiwi, but he's the very definition of a journeyman. Youngs may frustrate the hell out of everybody but he's got a bucketload of caps which isn't dismissed lightly.
I don't get to watch the premiership but as Olly states further up Spencer was the best 9 domestically so it's very strange that he's not there.
Having said all of this, Heinz is there, so I wish him all the best.

My USA Eagles looked awful in that match. Congratulations to England, I wish you well the rest of the way.

I didn't expect that, but a common sense decision. No disputing that it was a high tackle, but not an offence worthy of a long ban.

Latest posts