• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool C] Round 4 - England vs. France (12/10/2019) *MATCH CANCELLED DUE TO BAD WEATHER*

Would be very interested to know if that's genuine, mind games, excuses in early or an excuse to leave Farrell out without answering awkward questions about HIAs
Ooooh, so cynical for one so young. You should know by now that any Jones authorised info can be taken at face value.

If there is an HIA issue with Faz, then I don't really care what they say publicly - that's all part of the fun - just as long as he's being looked after properly behind the scenes.

So what about the folks that have spent thousands getting out to and staying in Japan?

A mere ticket refund doesn't really cut it.

Seems like the only source on the game being called off is a website called rugbyrama, who have also said the game is being moved to Oita.

Nothing official has come out at all and it sounds like rugbyrama is just publishing everything to say they found out first.

The game is off so 0-0
Interesting that the closest thing to a reputable source carrying the news is the Mirror; whilst the likes of the BBC and World Rugby websites are suggesting a decision is due at 4.00am

FTR: I've found the Mirror, Sun, and Express saying cancelled; BBC, Independent, Guardian and World Rugby saying "decision due at midday local time (4.00am BST).

It was confirmed last weekend that first choice in the event of weather disruption is to switch venues rather than cancel - but it would depend on how many venues are affected

Hope it's not called off - was really looking forward to this and the Scotland/Japan game. Ireland Samoa should be good but other than that the other games this weekend are a bit meh

I might be cynical but if the Daily Mail is the main source then i wouldn't be surprised if this is an excuse to get traffic to their shitshow of a website.

Will wait for an official announcement

I might be cynical but if the Daily Mail is the main source then i wouldn't be surprised if this is an excuse to get traffic to their shitshow of a website.

Will wait for an official announcement
I hate the daily mail as much as the next man, but their rugby reporting is usually spot on.

DM isn't even the main source, they're just posting other people's tweets and stuff.

Need to wit for the presser tomorrow morning.

How would the england fans feel if the reports are true and it's been called off? Glad that you don't have to play a potentially tough game v's an erratic French side? Happy that your players can rest and start preparing for the 1/4 final clash v Aus?

Or are you slightly worried that due to the early red card for Arg that you haven't really been tested prior to a big knockout clash?

How would the england fans feel if the reports are true and it's been called off? Glad that you don't have to play a potentially tough game v's an erratic French side? Happy that your players can rest and start preparing for the 1/4 final clash v Aus?

Or are you slightly worried that due to the early red card for Arg that you haven't really been tested prior to a big knockout clash?
C) All of the above

We've got some players that need the game time before the big games start, but also some players that have probably played a bit too much rugby, also some players injured who have an extra week to come back.

As you said we've not been tested that hard so far, however that might be such a bad thing when you look at our Six Nations campaign where our brains gradually degraded into cottage pie under the increasing pressure.

Latest posts