• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool C] Round 4 - USA vs. Tonga (13/10/2019)

TRF_heineken

RIP #J9
Staff member
TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
South Africa
ozGqDLF.png

Rn6kOPF.png
j7lEIMe.png
DBiYQQC.png

Venue: Hanazono Rugby Stadium
Time: 07:45 CAT (SA, GMT+2)

This is one match I think my USA Eagles will win.

I'm favouring Tonga. Nobody other than England has physically bossed them in the group, and that includes two Tier1 sides, so they should be able to compete with the Eagles' greatest strength (athleticism). Still, if they start again with a fly half playing in Spain then success cant be guaranteed.

I haven't seen much of the US this tournament but nothing is leaping out at me to make me think they are going to recapture the form of early 2018. Hope I'm wrong as I want to see the US rediscover that cutting edge.

I'm favouring Tonga. Nobody other than England has physically bossed them in the group, and that includes two Tier1 sides, so they should be able to compete with the Eagles' greatest strength (athleticism). Still, if they start again with a fly half playing in Spain then success cant be guaranteed.

I haven't seen much of the US this tournament but nothing is leaping out at me to make me think they are going to recapture the form of early 2018. Hope I'm wrong as I want to see the US rediscover that cutting edge.

Nothings gone our way so far, but I think my Eagles will win and salvage some pride. But you know more about rugby than I do. I'm relying on pure hope here. o_O

Last edited:
Deserved try for Tonga, think that was like their third clear break off turn over ball.

like both teams, so hoping the USA can come back into this to make it a contest for 80 minutes. Tonga look the better team thus far though.

edit. I asked and I received... great try from the Eagles!

I could see Mike Te'o getting offered a nice contract in England or the Top 14; a really good athlete

I could see Mike Te'o getting offered a nice contract in England or the Top 14; a really good athlete
Well he's done more today than I ever saw Ben do... could do with losing the odd pound (stone) though.

Great ambition by Tonga choosing to scrum over sealing the victory and justly rewarded.

Feel for the States as they worked hard and scored a couple of great tries but they'll come again and be stronger in 4 years time for the MLR which is building nicely.

Good game!

Latest posts