• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool D] Round 1 - Australia vs. Fiji (21/09/2019)

Good contest this. Big question is can Fiji keep it up for another 40 and will Australia give them any more chances to capitalise on.

Fiji have been great. Extremely abrasive and not giving the wallabies time on the ball.

Edit: try wallabies. Big score before half time for them

I loved the five-second pause there as everyone on the.pitch including the ref tried to figure out if there'd been a knock on.

Fiji a bit loose around the fringes. That's where the wallabies need to attack more

Very entertaining stuff. I'm surprised at how the game developed. Never thought Fiji could put up such a fight at the breakdown. Impressive

Hope they can keep up the pace. Doubt it tho.

Fiji were desperate for half time there. Aus were winning the contact in the last few minutes there like they were not at all earlier on.

Fiji have really been good, massive runs and big hits but I fear their tank my start to run empty now.

Fiji have really been good, massive runs and big hits but I fear their tank my start to run empty now.
I'm hoping for the famed second breath to kick in and for Fiji to take it despite me going for the Aussies by 20 on superbru.

Ben O'Keefe might have to go through this game after with someone because he's missed a few big calls. Also think it's benefitted Australia the most. Hodge should have been sin binned and their second try came from Fijian penalties, but the high tackle was missed first.

Even crazier seeing these replays, glad the pundits aren't excusing it

It's a yellow all day every day, and given the official clampdown, careful review may have led to a red.
Faz would have been proud of the way Hodge tucked his hand back and down to make his shoulder nice and hard

Fair few other tackles from both sides that should have been sent to TMO if WR were being true to their edict

Two games in, two potential red cards that were completely missed.

Given all the current noise from world rugby on the issue it'd be nice if they could back it up.

Yup.
It's a yellow all day every day, and given the official clampdown, careful review may have led to a red.

Fair few other tackles from both sides that should have been sent to TMO if WR were being true to their edict

But also shouldn't the TMO be reviewing the play and calling back Ben O'Keefe as well as touch judges helping. Failure across the board.

Latest posts