• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool D] Round 1 - Australia vs. Fiji (21/09/2019)

Dumb question for y'all...

So, it was great to see Pocock back out there, but how do we rate his performance? And did y'all hear about this thing with the refs singling him out ahead of time? Tempest in a teapot?

Loved this game, btw, it felt like a Fiji win if #7 hadn't failed his HIA, but what do I know?

hodges tackle was accidental. penalty try at the most. no yellow no red.
hodge was just really clumsy. nothing malicious

hodges tackle was accidental. penalty try at the most. no yellow no red.
hodge was just really clumsy. nothing malicious

I don't think being clumsy really matters does it? Agree he probably didn't intend to get him in the head but I'm not sure that matters either.

Anyway we will see what the judiciary says.

Dumb question for y'all...

So, it was great to see Pocock back out there, but how do we rate his performance? And did y'all hear about this thing with the refs singling him out ahead of time? Tempest in a teapot?

Loved this game, btw, it felt like a Fiji win if #7 hadn't failed his HIA, but what do I know?
He topped the tackle, worked hard and would have had more turnovers on another day/ref.

Not his greatest ever game but for a first full 80 I'm happy.

I don't think being clumsy really matters does it? Agree he probably didn't intend to get him in the head but I'm not sure that matters either.

Anyway we will see what the judiciary says.
Looked a red to me. Low end and not malicious but rules be rules and shoulder contact to head is a red.

I haven't heard about this, go on...
I think it was the Green & Gold podcast (which is somehow also the Rugby Report Card podcast), they said the refs were talking about him constantly as if they were preparing for him specially, something about mentioning his name 15 times during the first 20 minutes... Definitely sounded like it might just be Aussie conspiracy, but I never got the details. :)

I think it was the Green & Gold podcast (which is somehow also the Rugby Report Card podcast), they said the refs were talking about him constantly as if they were preparing for him specially, something about mentioning his name 15 times during the first 20 minutes... Definitely sounded like it might just be Aussie conspiracy, but I never got the details. :)
Different pods, GAGR just post the Rugby Report Card on their website.

Different pods, GAGR just post the Rugby Report Card on their website.
For whatever reason, both pods arrive in my feed under the same Green & Gold show listing... I never know which one it's going to be, but I don't mind, they're both good! I actually tried to contact them to ask why the two are lumped together, but never got a response. :)

Latest posts