• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool D] Round 1 - Wales vs. Georgia (23/09/2019)

No disrespect to Georgia, but if we have any proper aims of lifting this trophy then scraping past a pretty limited and one dimensional Georgian team isn't the way to kick it off!

We should be looking to win this game fairly comfortably imo. Georgia have pushed us close in the past, but that tends to be in the AI's when we've got a scratch side out who are full of mistakes. We're almost full strength here, and if Italy can beat Georgia without too much problem we should be looking for at least a 20point margin.

Ideally we're in a healthy lead after half time so that we can pull our key players (Owens, AWJ, Biggar, JD2, Liam).

Scraping past isn't ideal no, but I would be happy as a Welsh fan to see a comfortable performance where the result is never in doubt. Without having to blow them off the park if that makes sense.

Bookies have Wales -27,

Don't think they've got a high scoring result right yet (Japan and England they went too high, Ireland too low)

Bookies have Wales -27,

Don't think they've got a high scoring result right yet (Japan and England they went too high, Ireland too low)
Hard to judge a minnows match. They'll always be targeting a match against the big boys to make a showing for Georgia who want a seat at the 6 nations table this is a huge game for them. I'll be surprised if they don't make a showing.

Hard to judge a minnows match. They'll always be targeting a match against the big boys to make a showing for Georgia who want a seat at the 6 nations table this is a huge game for them. I'll be surprised if they don't make a showing.
They're also massive bottlers v 6n teams and get beat by more than they should regularly to add to your first point!

Well here we go in work but got on ITV hub . Probably be a tough opening half hour but hopefully get parity up front , odds look silly could be a close affair but I'm hoping we can put some daylight between us from second half although we historically never make things easy.

I don't post during a Wales game, so for the time being... iechyd da and prob lwc boyos!

That can't be right, Shane just said Wales are statistically the worst attackers in the Six Nations - I've been repeatedly told that Wales turned a corner and love to attack these days!

Pretty sure they scored against us with that move before but using Liam Williams? Either way good for the nerves

Well...Wales showing England how to deal with pressure.

Latest posts