• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool D] Round 1 - Wales vs. Georgia (23/09/2019)

I've had it up to here with the bloody refs telling players how to play in this first round. Telling Georgia to use the ball when they have a dominant scrum?!
Russia vs Japan match sounded like a junior school match the way the ref was going on

Not point of watching the second half is there? Imagine they'll empty the bench

Ironically this is probably the most boring game yet despite some good Wales tries. Georgia don't look like challenging and Wales don't look like fluffing their lines.

Georgia look like they've never defended before. At sixes and sevens out there against well executed but basic moves.
Aye,
They're well up for tackling people who run at them but lose the plot at the slightest hint of a dummy runner or angle

Real question now, can Wales score more tries than they did in the six nations?

The target is 10 is equal, 11 to beat.

Ironically this is probably the most boring game yet despite some good Wales tries. Georgia don't look like challenging and Wales don't look like fluffing their lines.

I think Georgia have challenged Wales more defensively than Tonga did to England yesterday.

I actually think Tonga's tactics yesterday were to not get stuffed, so defended hard and didn't go chasing the game.

I think Georgia have challenged Wales more defensively than Tonga did to England yesterday.

I actually think Tonga's tactics yesterday were to not get stuffed, so defended hard and didn't go chasing the game.

I get that, but they still don't look like scoring. Against Tonga though Engkand made it hard work. Not even a question of will they get the BP now.

I do think the offside rule from a knock on is a little harsh. Players have a split second to stop all their instincts which is to catch the ball.

I do think the offside rule from a knock on is a little harsh. Players have a split second to stop all their instincts which is to catch the ball.
In cases like that I've seen refs bend the laws.

Seems sensible but it would be brave or foolish for a ref to do it during a WC match given the implications.

Latest posts