• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool D] Round 2 - Australia vs. Wales (29/09/2019)

Did the referees get together before this game and decide they wanted to do all they could to make Cheika's head explode?
i've not see a TMO abuse his post like that before with such regularity. While each case had some merit by the standards he set he could have easily stopped the game a dozen more times to hand out penalties, they weren't card offenses they were borderline penalties.
How on earth are the players to know where they stand with referees and the rules after that game, each tackle is going to become a lottery.
Honestly I laugh off Cheika at times he gets overly emotional and is super bias to his team had has real trouble separating emotion from his views and seeing things objectively. But he has every right to complain about the reffing in this game, I actually thought he did well to hold back when pushed on some of the talking points.

Apologies for lateness - but is this the worst referee decision of all time......?? No! That remains the same referee's decision to overturn his penalty in the final minute of the 3rd Lions AB's test in 2017.
With this one, I felt Hooper was speaking for all of us, when he made some very valid points following the penalty.

about the ref in this game. seen lots of complains online. a few here think it was poor.
his calls did went a Lil bit to the Welsh side. can't say he was biased at all. didn't have any impact on the final result.
about hopper it was high and late. penalty and yellow or just penalty where the options. it was penalty wasn't so bad. at least it was reviewed and called
koreibete's penalty was nonsense the defender was high in the first place.

about the ref in this game. seen lots of complains online. a few here think it was poor.
his calls did went a Lil bit to the Welsh side. can't say he was biased at all. didn't have any impact on the final result.
about hopper it was high and late. penalty and yellow or just penalty where the options. it was penalty wasn't so bad. at least it was reviewed and called
koreibete's penalty was nonsense the defender was high in the first place.
The Kerevi decision resulted in a 10 point reversal. No impact?

Not going to blame the ref or the TMO. (even though I think that intercept try should have been looked at as he appeared about 2m offside) Instead I'll blame whichever dud decided Bernard Foley the flop was a great idea to start. Surely he's played his last starting test after that complete failure of 44 minutes.

Edit: actually I lied, I'm going to blame the Ref for allowing the Welsh to ask pointless questions about how to scrum with time on resulting in 2 minutes being chewed up while he answered all their questions in length and then proceeded to pack down the same scrum 3 more times.

He failed to punish the Welsh for deliberately infringing at the ruck every time we came within 10m of their line after a line break. Every. Single. Time.

The Kerevi decision resulted in a 10 point reversal. No impact?
3 points OK but the other seven seems farfetched. what if terrain here. I meant this kinds of things happen almost every game. a stupid penalty awarded.. I reckon it went a bit Wales way. you can rather blame it on Foley missing that sitter

Okay, drunken rage subsided. Wales deserved to win because we made too many mistakes.

But you can't honestly tell me that wasn't a momentum swing against us? These games can turn on the smallest of margins and it was a stupid call.

Then shortly after they refuse to check to see if the 9 was onside? after watching a bloody ball carry for 5 minutes.

Was impressed to see the Welsh use the classic AB ploy of repeated infringements in the 22. I never understand why the Wallabies don't use it themselves.

Cheika post match conferences are hilarious. Going to miss him when he's not coaching the Wallabies. Wished Hansen would show a bit of emotion for once.

This game actually helped me get over the SA vs NZ tie. Not having a horse in this race made me watch this game without blinkers on and I now think its just a French ref thing in general. I think the refereeing in this game was attrocious and though one team got more benefit from it than the other I think that is more of a lottery than anything deeper. It did kind of ruin what i think would've otherwise been an even better clash. Are French referees' calls baffling in general or is it only SH teams/fans who have difficulty following? Not that other country's refs don't get calls wrong but the feeling for me personally is that it goes across the entire matches for me with Garces and Poite.

This game actually helped me get over the SA vs NZ tie. Not having a horse in this race made me watch this game without blinkers on and I now think its just a French ref thing in general. I think the refereeing in this game was attrocious and though one team got more benefit from it than the other I think that is more of a lottery than anything deeper. It did kind of ruin what i think would've otherwise been an even better clash. Are French referees' calls baffling in general or is it only SH teams/fans who have difficulty following? Not that other country's refs don't get calls wrong but the feeling for me personally is that it goes across the entire matches for me with Garces and Poite.

I feel for Poite on this one as I think the TMO was the problem, and not Poite himself.

Garces is a lottery of a ref. He can be right on it some times or absolutely atrocious. More often than not, he just baffles me.

Still buzzing off this win yesterday, it 'could' be pivotal to us going deep in the competition... obviously still a lot of hard work to do though.

Gonna sit down and watch the game again now, before the Scotland vs Samoa match... will be interesting to watch it without all the anxiety I felt during the second half yesterday.

I watched the whole game from start to finish as a neutral and there were only two decisions I disagreed with. The Kerevi hand off and Tipuric being taken out off the ball, but missed. (No one is talking about the latter because it went in Australia's favour).

If you can't live with a game because one decision goes against you then please stop watching rugby. It will not be good for you.

These threads turn into dozens of people piling in against the ref before even looking at the evidence. Everyone seems to have gone quiet about Davies being offside since it became clear he wasn't, even though a bunch of people were 100% certain he was half a dozen metres of side at the time, because that was the pile-on occuring at that moment. Then the story changes, but several posters here got themselves so hot under the collar that backpedalling doesn't feel like an option.

It's genuinely pathetic. If the only comment you have is '**** reffing' then you have nothing to say. You're just part of the mob.

Still buzzing off this win yesterday, it 'could' be pivotal to us going deep in the competition... obviously still a lot of hard work to do though.

Gonna sit down and watch the game again now, before the Scotland vs Samoa match... will be interesting to watch it without all the anxiety I felt during the second half yesterday.
check out 45min and the no 9s pass I think forward they scored a try off it,

I watched the whole game from start to finish as a neutral and there were only two decisions I disagreed with. The Kerevi hand off and Tipuric being taken out off the ball, but missed. (No one is talking about the latter because it went in Australia's favour).

If you can't live with a game because one decision goes against you then please stop watching rugby. It will not be good for you.

These threads turn into dozens of people piling in against the ref before even looking at the evidence. Everyone seems to have gone quiet about Davies being offside since it became clear he wasn't, even though a bunch of people were 100% certain he was half a dozen metres of side at the time, because that was the pile-on occuring at that moment. Then the story changes, but several posters here got themselves so hot under the collar that backpedalling doesn't feel like an option.

It's genuinely pathetic. If the only comment you have is '**** reffing' then you have nothing to say. You're just part of the mob.
what do you think about hopper late/high tackle?

Latest posts