• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool D] Round 4 - Australia vs. Georgia (11/10/2019)

I'm glad that was a yellow, but how was that any different to Lavanini? Direct contact with the head, guy sort of lowering in the tackle... where is the consistency.

This is the big problem there is no (edit) consistency. I think he could be cited after on review. Doesn't matter if it's forearm, bicep or shoulder, it's where the impact is. Gauzere seems to insinuate that because it's the bicep and he's trying to wrap (it's not a tackle anyway) that it's not dangerous. Very subjective.

Cheika will be going mental but by the framework they are luck not to be down to 13.....

Though again we need to be careful here. Lots of those in every game....
To be fair it's nearly every game affected by cards. We want games defined by how many high tackles there are?

League looking better every day

This is the big problem there is no (edit) consistency. I think he could be cited after on review. Doesn't matter if it's forearm, bicep or shoulder, it's where the impact is. Gauzere seems to insinuate that because it's the bicep and he's trying to wrap (it's not a tackle anyway) that it's not dangerous. Very subjective.
Because it just wasn't dangerous? It categorically was not on the same level.as laveninnis tackle. Rugby is ******* dumb as ****. It just devolves into 'hey who's tackle w as worse ' legit ruined.

I think that's only a yellow and an unlucky one at that, I certainly haven't seen anything like that given as a red before.

Really depends on what the definition of force is for the purposes of the framework is, it's obviously not the dictionary definition otherwise every innocuous touching of the head or neck satisfies the framework prior to the mitigating factors.

To be fair it's nearly every game affected by cards. We want games defined by how many high tackles there are?

definitely not - but it's pretty frustrating when a red card in one game would be a yellow in another and vice versa. Shows how stupid this new framework is.

The degree of danger is affected by the contact point. Bicep vs shoulder makes a big difference.

Interestingly the bigger head contact is from 5 Gold.

People have pointed out the problem. WR needed to rigorously enforce the laws before the world cup, so that all of this stuff happened and it forced players to adapt their tackling. However they didn't, made a point of enforcing player safety at the world cup and it's led to lots of cards. Eventually players will start tackling better and there will be less red cards, but that won't happen until after the world cup.

For me the grey area at the moment seems to be clearing out at rucks, because players charge in recklessly and I think there is just as much risk of head injuries there. Some are being picked up, but it certainly isn't getting the same attention as high tackles.

Because it just wasn't dangerous? It categorically was not on the same level.as laveninnis tackle. Rugby is ******* dumb as ****. It just devolves into 'hey who's tackle w as worse ' legit ruined.
It wasn't the same level. I guess WR would say (hypothetically, if cited and called a red) that both are red and then the differentiation comes when cited and the ban after. As people have highlighted WR have built a rod for their own back with the framework in an attempt to be more consistent and they've created a situation where the spotlight is on it at a major event.

The degree of danger is affected by the contact point. Bicep vs shoulder makes a big difference.

Interestingly the bigger head contact is from 5 Gold.

I agree that degree of danger is different, I don't agree that there is no force, which is what Gauzere said. As I pointed out with the framework being made public it hasn't made things easier because I would follow it and get red. Gauzere followed it and got yellow. Other refs might have ended at red. It hasn't made it clearer or more consistent when it's subjective what dangerous or with force is.

Oh man cheeks can't even ***** about the ref in this one. Straya are done. England easiest run to the semis in history.

Yeah England must be feeling pretty good right now, looking at this Australia performance so far

14 gold should be off with a hia, caught a knee to the head then

Pundits discussing that Australia don't want to show their hand, but they still struggling and very poor accuracy. May not want to show their hand, but they'll also be disappointed with this performance so far.

This isn't Australia that England will face. They are just playing one up and taking no risks. Georgia cannot score from open play....

It does look like Australia are very aware they're going to face a perfectly breasted side and are doing the bare minimum here. Georgia are immediately turned over any time they're in the 22.

I'm loving the insinuation here that we are holding back. Hilarious.

Rugby is just dead in Aus lads.

Latest posts