• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Pool D] Round 4 - Wales vs. Uruguay (13/10/2019)

What on earth are we doing playing 4 minutes of unnecessary rugby before the qtr final where France have had a week's more rest

What on earth are we doing playing 4 minutes of unnecessary rugby before the qtr final where France have had a week's more rest

Majority of those boys are fighting for a shirt for this WC and in the future, and most had a frustrating day.

So... some scant crumbs of heaven to paraphrase the great hymn Cwn Rhondda!

The Welsh failings were plain to see but I'm not gonna dwell for now as I don't want to detract from Uruguay. I've loved watching them this tournament, they are fit, technically sound and their commitment is second to none. They performed above themselves today as they have for the last 4 games and are a credit to rugby.

I'm genuinely hopeful that Uruguay will continue their upward trajectory in much the same way Argentina has risen through the ranks to become an established Rugby nation. Congratulations los teros, you've made a fan out of me!

Last edited:
35-13 against the second best nation in the Americas in 2019 with your second string on neutral ground is not a disaster. No doubt though there is less positives from this for Wales than there was for Ireland's more clinical display against Samoa.

So that's 2 games in a row where Wales haven't been looking as solid as I thought they might be.

vs. Fiji the Welsh were struggling with the width and missing tackles, and in this game they seemed to struggle with the close encounters and the tussles.

So that's 2 games in a row where Wales haven't been looking as solid as I thought they might be.

vs. Fiji the Welsh were struggling with the width and missing tackles, and in this game they seemed to struggle with the close encounters and the tussles.
All part of the radar-dodging plan heinie!

Maybe trying to ensure we're ahead of Japan in the pool results just in case all the remaining matches are cancelled? :p

Latest posts