• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Quarter-Final 1] England vs. Australia (19/10/2019)

edit. Still got no where near valley though... #listfail :p
Valley Commando is the only guy on here who's ever offered me out IRL* so he'll always have a special place in my heart

*other than Cymro and Cyril before we played rugby against each other, but that was far more jovial :p

Valley Commando is the only guy on here who's ever offered me out IRL* so he'll always have a special place in my heart

*other than Cymro and Cyril before we played rugby against each other, but that was far more jovial :p
Lol... what happened to Cymro and Cyril anyway, they were on here when I first joined and haven't seen them on here for years?
Had a look back, Rugga showed up at the end as well and launched into an unprompted homophobic rant as well just when things couldn't get any better.
yum, yum, yum :D

Lol... what happened to Cymro and Cyril anyway, they were on here when I first joined and haven't seen them on here for years?
Too busy for the likes of us, unfortunately

You'll be happy to know I still cop abuse from the two of them on whatsapp whenever England lose, and Cyril loves bringing up 30-3 whenever he can

Too busy for the likes of us, unfortunately

You'll be happy to know I still cop abuse from the two of them on whatsapp whenever England lose, and Cyril loves bringing up 30-3 whenever he can
... and so say all of us! ;)

... and so say all of us! ;)
OQFrYQN.png

I can't help but wonder where Australia's Perth Performance has gone. Maybe they put too much into trying to win the Bledisloe?
They could have beaten anyone that day but they haven't been able to replicate it despite having that blueprint to work from. They let England dictate the pace of the game, when they could have kept the pace up they just let the game go slow and structured.

I can't help but wonder where Australia's Perth Performance has gone. Maybe they put too much into trying to win the Bledisloe?
They could have beaten anyone that day but they haven't been able to replicate it despite having that blueprint to work from. They let England dictate the pace of the game, when they could have kept the pace up they just let the game go slow and structured.
It never left Perth!

It was just a really dumb gameplan - I don't know whether it was planned or the players just crapped themselves under the pressure, but as mentioned above: the side with 36% possession shouldn't be winning the game at a canter.
Australia were content to/obsessed with running the ball no matter what the situation - three man miss passes 10m from the line, crossfields on the 22, it was madness. Once England cottoned on to the fact that Australia were never going to play for territory we were more than happy to just let Australia have the ball knowing that they were never going to kick the corners, and eventually we'd either win a turnover or there'd be a knockon.

It's a bit depressing to see Australia play like this because there is a ton of talent in this side, and I like a lot of these players. I don't dislike Cheika as much as a lot of people do, but I do think it's time for a change. He's obviously passionate about Aussie rugby, and more than happy to sacrifice his reputation to keep the spotlight off his players, but the tactics and team play are lacking.

One big positive for Aus is the young 13 (Petaia?). He didn't look out of place on that pitch for a second, and was probably the second best Aus back behind Koroibete (who has been one of the best wingers at the RWC, imo). His acceleration/agility was causing us real trouble and everytime he got the ball led to a break/half break. Really is someone to build a backline around.

Had a look back, Rugga showed up at the end as well and launched into an unprompted homophobic rant as well just when things couldn't get any better.
Just read through... a bit gutted there were only 6 posts by the guy tbh but how could he possibly post more when he must've spent so much time locating posts to hammer the dislike :D. As a proud conspiracy theorist I genuinely hope it was a Leinster fan specifically being a c*** to make Munster fans look bad... though it's probably just a c*** sadly.

Just read through... a bit gutted there were only 6 posts by the guy tbh but how could he possibly post more when he must've spent so much time locating posts to hammer the dislike :D. As a proud conspiracy theorist I genuinely hope it was a Leinster fan specifically being a c*** to make Munster fans look bad... though it's probably just a c*** sadly.
Think he might have had more that got removed when he got banned but I might be wrong.

Wait, VC is banned? That's almost a shame. Any idea what the final straw was?

Latest posts