• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Quarter-Final 3] Wales vs. France (20/10/2019)

Fair play, Wales got the result we all expected after the RC, but my oh my did they make a meal of it. France genuinely looked more like scoring even a man down.

Wales' much-vaunted defence has been terrible; I think the loss of key players like JD and Navidi has left it in bits.

Certainly got things to work on going into the semis!

Happy Wales have gone through but man, that call has really taken the shine off. Could have scored any way but don't like the game being decided like that. Without that red France are probably winning though as they were the better team so can look there, I guess.

Unlucky France, well played.

You say could have scored anyway, but Wales couldn't and that's what makes the try decision worse.

And the precedent for this would be? What player/manager would use this as a ploy in international rugby? to Play short a man? To get sent off punching someone, with all the TMO and retrospective penalties.

Make it a 20 minute bin if you like. Watching an entire half or hour with 15v14 is rubbish.

Come on France

That isn't the current ruling so there really isn't a precedence for it, watching it might be boring being an absolute **** and elbowing someone in the face with force is no joke, if you want to see that go watch some UFC or something, I have some sympathy for certain situations but this has to carry a heavy weight and has to negatively effect the team for the duration, judging by the amount of dislikes on your original post you are defiantly in the minority.

Are people discussing the rip from Tomos Williams for the try? Looked absolutely fine to be. Went sideways.

I'd be having a serious look at the betting patterns here because it looked like both teams desperately wanted to lose

I dont get this. Your teammate ****s you over and you deserve to lose on an incorrect decision?

You're right about the kicking though. Left points on the pitch, any 2 of which would have been the victory.
Didn't say they deserve to lose, just that they only have themselves to blame.

Are people discussing the rip from Tomos Williams for the try? Looked absolutely fine to be. Went sideways.

I personally think it went forward. However my issue is with what Peyper said. He said "it goes behind him, so it's fine" yet Williams was facing the wrong way, so in that case you're saying it went forward. It really felt at the end that he wanted to give Wales the try.

So obviously France were... amazing, fair play to them! I honestly didn't see this France performance coming as, at least in the past it was like 50/50 if they turned up, these days it's more like 90/10... but turn up they did. Their offloading game was just magnifique, their defensive line speed was (ahem... offside, ahem) brutally quick and they seemed to make the right decisions 'almost' all of the time... we'll get back to that.

Wales weren't great, our defence was rocky, our attack was 'pretty' blunt and we made a fair few errors in key areas at key times. We were undoubtedly the worse side today and that absolutely ridiculous act of violence by Sebstien was significantly more stupid than the miss pass he attempted against us back in February.

Congratulations to France for rediscovering what it means to perform for the full eighty... and obviously I congratulate Wales on just grinding out a QF win... against a French side playing out of their skin... when we ourselves struggled to put anything of any real quality together.

Last edited:
Fair play to France thought they die after card.
Instead they played good rugby.
Two off the post may well have cost France here.
Wales will need to play better next up.
Hopefully no injuries but Navidi may have a hammy.

About the red - okay, maybe not the turning point, but definitely when France's decision making completely went out the window.

Latest posts