• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Quarter-Final 3] Wales vs. France (20/10/2019)

The rip seemed forward to me. Marginally so but still forward. Also, why didn't Peyper check whether the 9 was offside.

It's hardly relevant......

as a neutral watching it and not preferring either side, it is. Yeah there was the Peyper decision on the "forward" rip, but France getting a Correct red card against them, playing 7 men in an attacking scrum near the the Wales line - just plain dumb from France. These are reasons not to feel too sorry for them for losing in the end. Doesn't mean I am delighted for Wales.

This one was the QF I was least looking forward to. Glad it is out of the way.

what an awful game
France seemed to be dominating
an insane red card brain explosion turns the game on its head and Wales should canter home.
The Red card freaks the french out and they just totally go into their shell and decide to just stop playing and kick everything away...
insane pointless kicking all over the place from both sides no one wants the ball...
despite the man advantage and the french playing like crap Wales cant string together an attack to save themselves and look like they are going to lose it till they eventually get a try almost by accident

all I get from watching that game is.... I really don't want Gatland coaching the All Blacks at all now. No real plan for taking advantage of the numbers, no recognition of space it was mostly just Liam Williams trying to do it on his own with no support runners. And that woeful kicking game?
if by some miracle Japan win later on I'd give them a good chance to beat Wales. I wouldn't give Wales much chance at all of troubling the boks.

One of the most undeserved victory of all the RWCups. Wales looked clueless even when they had one man advantage, which was like 25 min or more...

Anyway, it's probably the other side of the 2011 coin.
Why? Sam's card was 100% deserved. The ref didnt get that call wrong.

It's one of those grey area ones for me. Wouldn't have been surprised whichever way the ref called it.

Cracking rip, though

Clear and obvious is the terminology often used. So obvious try....

I don't know why they are calling the red the turning point...it really wasn't...France held on well after that.
They did, but quite apart from the extra strain it put on the others, the impact was directly felt in 2 match turning scrums.

The attacking one where they didn't have an 8. Moronic decision, but not one they'd have had to make with a full pack.

The defensive one which led to the decisive try.

It's not a stretch to say that in either case 19 stone of lock would have led to different outcomes.

as a neutral watching it and not preferring either side, it is. Yeah there was the Peyper decision on the "forward" rip, but France getting a Correct red card against them, playing 7 men in an attacking scrum near the the Wales line. These are reasons not to feel too sorry for them for losing in the end. Doesn't mean I am delighted for Wales.

This one was the QF I was least looking forward to. Glad it is out of the way.

Tbh if Ntamack had kicked better France would have won...France love gifting Wales wins.

Another international ruined by a red card imho. Wales deserved F u € k all from that.

An entire team's World Cup is ruined by a single players indiscretion and poor refereeing decision at the death.

Tbh if Ntamack had kicked better France would have won...France love gifting Wales wins.

do you remember 2011 semi and was it Jones? and Halfpenny also missing pens to put them through to the final. Yeah Ntamack should have slotted those 5 points. When it is that close it all comes down to would have, should have, could have, but there is only the end result. This time Wales snuck through. Margins are so tiny when it is that close.

Also a lot of talk about how Wales showed great character, but if anything it was the remaining French players who showed more character. Yes the red was fully deserved, but that was the player not the team. France fought for the rest of the game and Wales should have put them to bed. Yet it's Wales who are being made out as the ones who overcame some great difficult challenge against the odds.

Another international ruined by a red card imho. Wales deserved F u € k all from that.

An entire team's World Cup is ruined by a single players indiscretion and poor refereeing decision at the death.
The entire team deserved to lose today - poor kicking, awful scrumming, gifting us another win.

Not just one player, but another 14 of them did for France.

Latest posts