• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Quarter-Final 4] Japan vs. South Africa (20/10/2019)

I think Rassie was very generous to the Cherry Blossoms in his post match interview.

The Boks left at least 15 points out on the field.

Errrm I certainly agree that today's display wasn't the quality you would expect of a semi-final team but "bunch of wankers" do you know them personally? Most of them are pretty good guys and the lions tour shows that all of these guys, despite on the pitch rivalrys get on. They are not juvenile sour people like yourself though

There's a massive chance that Dan Biggar is a ******, tbf

Errrm I certainly agree that today's display wasn't the quality you would expect of a semi-final team but "bunch of wankers" do you know them personally? Most of them are pretty good guys and the lions tour shows that all of these guys, despite on the pitch rivalrys get on. They are not juvenile sour people like yourself though

Odd thing I saw someone pick up on Facebook. Pollard wasn't wearing the correct kit today. His jersey didn't have the World Cup badge on it, instead had the springbok in its place.

Anyone have any clue what was happening there?

Haha. Man you guys are way too overcritical.

Schalk Burger's comments in the pre-match analysis was spot on. He said he expected the score to be very close and then we'll turn it up in the second half. He used the term slow poison. His reasoning was that during the pool stages we went in hard the first 20, get the lead and then wear the opposition down as the game progresses while using the first phases to tire them out because we have such a strong scrum, maul and lineout.

We did exactly that, and I want to applause the fitness of the bokke. The were able to let Japan do all the work, while just try and wear them down, and then try to create a scoring opportunity.

yes we butchered a few tries, guess that happens when you are the first team to finish your pool games nearly 4 dayes before everyone else, and evem the games that were cancelled still had time on the pitch in preparation should the game not be called off, while our guys were relaxing all week.

Faf was great. Yes he made a few mistakes, but it was a massive improvement from him. I think the only guys that were poor was Am and Willie. But then again our backs managed to contain the Japanese outside backs very effectively.

our pack is just awesome. Every guy working their ass off. And Mapimpi is now level as top try scorer in the competition.

I'm still of the opinion we're holding back. We tried way too many flashy passes, especially Am, and none of them worked.

Top performers for me was Faf, De Allende, Mapimpi, the pack.

we might not play attractive rugby, but dammit, it's a QF! You play to win, like Pollard said on Thursday, we just need to win by 1 point, no matter what.

@KK Brown

d36893b16feed9622b287a90459bf17c36bc6ad7c429bbe1425247b6dd1f96d2.jpg

Why was the yellow card for Mtawarira not a straight red-card?
The Japanese player used his arm to protect himself from the dominant tackle. He didn't fall directly onto his head or neck area, and his arm and shoulder made contact with the ground first. Easy, and swiftly handled.

Why didn't Matshushima get a red?

From what I have heard from professionals (& would be professionals) outside of Wales and our goldfish bowl he is an absolute gent.

Haha. Man you guys are way too overcritical.

Schalk Burger's comments in the pre-match analysis was spot on. He said he expected the score to be very close and then we'll turn it up in the second half. He used the term slow poison. His reasoning was that during the pool stages we went in hard the first 20, get the lead and then wear the opposition down as the game progresses while using the first phases to tire them out because we have such a strong scrum, maul and lineout.

We did exactly that, and I want to applause the fitness of the bokke. The were able to let Japan do all the work, while just try and wear them down, and then try to create a scoring opportunity.

yes we butchered a few tries, guess that happens when you are the first team to finish your pool games nearly 4 dayes before everyone else, and evem the games that were cancelled still had time on the pitch in preparation should the game not be called off, while our guys were relaxing all week.

Faf was great. Yes he made a few mistakes, but it was a massive improvement from him. I think the only guys that were poor was Am and Willie. But then again our backs managed to contain the Japanese outside backs very effectively.

our pack is just awesome. Every guy working their ass off. And Mapimpi is now level as top try scorer in the competition.

I'm still of the opinion we're holding back. We tried way too many flashy passes, especially Am, and none of them worked.

Top performers for me was Faf, De Allende, Mapimpi, the pack.

we might not play attractive rugby, but dammit, it's a QF! You play to win, like Pollard said on Thursday, we just need to win by 1 point, no matter what.

Definitely stayed true to the Bok values of grinding down the opposition and then when Japan had punched themselves out and had nothing left to give - went for the kill in the last 25mins. I personally think the Boks will do the same to Wales next week as well. Reaching the final every 12 years since 1995 has a nice ring/pattern to it.

From what I have heard from professionals (& would be professionals) outside of Wales and our goldfish bowl he is an absolute gent.

He probably is, the same probably goes for many footballers who appear like grade A knobs on the pitch. Dan's pitch behaviour makes him deeply unlikeable.

I think Rassie was very generous to the Cherry Blossoms in his post match interview.

The Boks left at least 15 points out on the field.

Yip. Willie and his 3 knock-ons, and Pollard with his missed kicks cost SA about 12 points.

Seriously, are the Boks really Semi-final material?

Yip. Willie and his 3 knock-ons, and Pollard with his missed kicks cost SA about 12 points.

Seriously, are the Boks really Semi-final material?

Yes we are. And we are the only team that had a 2-year build up as opposed to 4 like the others.

Why such a downer? What did you want out of this game? Less errors? More clinical performance?

let's not kid ourselves, the climate, the pace and the humidity won't allow a game where power takes on speed.

Yes we are. And we are the only team that had a 2-year build up as opposed to 4 like the others.

Why such a downer? What did you want out of this game? Less errors? More clinical performance?

let's not kid ourselves, the climate, the pace and the humidity won't allow a game where power takes on speed.

My problem is that I think in that same game today, NZ would have put over 40 points on the board.

We continue to make basic errors, hence my frustration.

congrats boks. see you in the finals

to the blossoms, awesome. no team wins (bar the first tournament) the wc on their first attempt. blossoms will just get better from here.

to the Japanese fans, come support the ABs and strap in for an epic ride

My problem is that I think in that same game today, NZ would have put over 40 points on the board.

So what?!

Stop comparing us with NZ. We don't play like them, and NZ would probably have scored more points than we did, but what does that matter? You only need the win, that is it.

congrats boks. see you in the finals

to the blossoms, awesome. no team wins (bar the first tournament) the wc on their first attempt. blossoms will just get better from here.

to the Japanese fans, come support the ABs and strap in for an epic ride
The Boks did :D

So what?!

Stop comparing us with NZ. We don't play like them, and NZ would probably have scored more points than we did, but what does that matter? You only need the win, that is it.

Bok forwards power got us through. There were too many knock-ons and I have to worry about the future.

I do commend SA for the win, but better handling and kicking is required. It won't get any easier now in this tournament.

Sorry we already played them. They won by 10. Earlier in the year it was a draw. Before that we lost by 2. Before that we beat them.

Let's take the win, and work on the problems. NZ have and always will be the best in the world. We are not as far behind as what people think.

We didn't play against Japan today. We played against the whole world. In that light we did pretty well.

Latest posts