• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Quarter-Final 4] Japan vs. South Africa (20/10/2019)

If Japan can get as much change out of Am and Mapimpi as they did Harris and Graham and if they can get in Pollard's face as much as they got in Carty's they might just do enough to win this. It's hard too see them dominating the possession of Faf and Pollard show up though.

If Japan can get as much change out of Am and Mapimpi as they did Harris and Graham and if they can get in Pollard's face as much as they got in Carty's they might just do enough to win this. It's hard too see them dominating the possession of Faf and Pollard show up though.

I don't think Mapimpi is going to start though... And maybe Am might also not start. Hell, Faf might also not start.

There is no knowing yet, who Rassie will pick. I guess it depends on what we want to do in the first 20 minutes and build from there...

I don't think Mapimpi is going to start though... And maybe Am might also not start. Hell, Faf might also not start.

There is no knowing yet, who Rassie will pick. I guess it depends on what we want to do in the first 20 minutes and build from there...
I was just throwing names in who I thought would start. Whoever it is South Africa will have better players in the positions Japan exposed Scotland (13 and 14) and Ireland (10) in anyway. I don't think Rassie will be too worried, especially if not forced to defend a half step back like Ireland were. A Japan win wouldn't shock me to my core though!

I was just throwing names in who I thought would start. Whoever it is South Africa will have better players in the positions Japan exposed Scotland (13 and 14) and Ireland (10) in anyway. I don't think Rassie will be too worried, especially if not forced to defend a half step back like Ireland were. A Japan win wouldn't shock me to my core though!

All good. But with Damien Willemse joining the team, Rassie's options at 10, 11, 14 & 15 has increased by a lot.

I wouldn't be surprized if we see Cobus Reinach at 9, Pollard at 10, Frans Steyn at 12, De Allende at 13, Nkosi at 11, Kolbe at 14 (if declared fit), and Le Roux at 15. With De Klerk, Jantjies and Willemse on the bench. We would be pretty well covered in all positions.

But you never know, Rassie might spring us all with a surprize and do something like have Pollard play 12, bring Willemse in at 10 and start with Jantjies at 9....

Boks will have too much here. Set piece and defence will be too good.

I'm not convinced by the Japanese fullback options either; they haven't been tested under a barrage of bombs that will be coming their way.

Boks by 15-20

Hi,
I have two tickets for South Africa vs Japan and I am looking to swap them for Ireland vs New Zealand. If you are interested please text me...

2:06 is what matters. If the first one can go like that, we will be well on our way. Our scrum is as good as it has ever been right now. Japan definitely learnt how to defend after this game lol.

SA have come a long way in the last year, can't imagine Japan beating them, as amazing as it would be. I mean, you can't say for certain, but there are just so many classy operators in the Springbok side. Really hope to see some great stuff from both Kolbe and Matsushima, my two favourite backs in the tournament so far.

The Japanese will have to be at Thier best to win, south africa could probably win it playing at about 80%? I know that sounds stupid to say but what I'm getting at is that Japan have to play out their skins to get this and SA to **** the bed. Who knows though? I'm gonna say SA by 14

The Japanese will have to be at Thier best to win, south africa could probably win it playing at about 80%? I know that sounds stupid to say but what I'm getting at is that Japan have to play out their skins to get this and SA to **** the bed. Who knows though? I'm gonna say SA by 14

Thing is everyone was saying this for the Scotland and Ireland games. I don't think S.A can get away with 80%. I still think S.A will win as Japan's weakness is the set piece and neither Ireland or Scotland managed to take advantage of it. However you give this Japanese team a chance and they will take it. Honestly can't believe people can still be even a little bit complacent. It's not like they even qualified second by the skin of their teeth, they dominated their pool with joint highest points total of 19, that only England could have bettered if all matches went ahead.

The Japanese are spent. South Africa will win comfortably. Plus the massive Bok forwards will be too much for Japan.

I just checked what the sides were in this 41-7 drubbing by the Boks last month. They were both effectively first choice. There will be no complacency like 2015 and I think the English and Bok packs could easily defeat Japan with 9 man rugby.

If Joseph can overturn a 34 point home drubbing with the same players in one month, then I may have to review my athiesm.

The Japanese are spent. South Africa will win comfortably. Plus the massive Bok forwards will be too much for Japan.

Agreed. I think Japan may have shot their bolt against the Scots. The real elephant in the room though is the referee. Japan might just pull it out of the hat if the Boks pick up a red card early on and have to play 60 minutes with 14 men.

Otherwise I can't see them winning. It could be close, but SA should grind them out.

Latest posts