• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Quarter-Final 4] Japan vs. South Africa (20/10/2019)

I have a feeling Japan will crumble under pressure due to country expectation.

This Boks side is a lot more physical than Ireland and Scotland.
Are they a lot more physical than Ireland? I wouldn't say so.

They won't have their 2nd/3rd choice 10 playing though

Boks are probably the most physical side in the world, a lot more than Ireland I would say. Taking nothing away from the Irish, they can mix it with the best any day of the week.

I think we are. And it's due to us having 2 sets of front rowers who can take on any other country in that department. Plus we have 4 top quality locks who are all in good form and has been performing very well. It's maybe just our backrow that might not be of the same standard as Ireland, but here I think it's just the timing that was an issue with Kolisi's injury.

Wayne Barnes could be bad for Japan, he is not against giving cards at scrum time to a team that is being physically dominated and collapsing scrums, and while Japan are great if they lose forward that for them would be a nightmare

I think we are. And it's due to us having 2 sets of front rowers who can take on any other country in that department. Plus we have 4 top quality locks who are all in good form and has been performing very well. It's maybe just our backrow that might not be of the same standard as Ireland, but here I think it's just the timing that was an issue with Kolisi's injury.

I don't know. If anything I'd prefer Vermeulen/Kolisi/Du Toit. We have two sets of tight 5 where you don't lose anything going from the one to the other but I think Ireland might have a claim at having a better starting front row though there's probably very little in it.

We have two sets of tight 5 where you don't lose anything going from the one to the other but I think Ireland might have a claim at having a better starting front row though there's probably very little in it.

I rate their props, but would take all 3 of our hookers, and even Akker ahead of R Best.

You can't have him, he's ours now.

images

You can't have him, he's ours now.

He is so good man. Really is a brilliant player. On that note, isn't Rohan Janse van Rensburg also at Sale? How has he done there? He was bloody good at the Lions but left after the Springbok snubs.

He is so good man. Really is a brilliant player. On that note, isn't Rohan Janse van Rensburg also at Sale? How has he done there? He was bloody good at the Lions but left after the Springbok snubs.

Snub?? Yeah I don't think so. It had more to do with his long injury and him and his girlfriend being held at gunpoint in their own home that prompted the move abroad. He wasn't then selected because we still had the stupid 30-cap rule.

Akker is 3 games 3 tries so far, love him.

Rohan is a legend round here - but, unfortunately, still blighted by injuries. Defences have wised up to him since his loan spell here where he completely tore up, but he's still playing really well, breaking the gainline/worrying defences.

Rohan is a legend round here - but, unfortunately, still blighted by injuries. Defences have wised up to him since his loan spell here where he completely tore up, but he's still playing really well, breaking the gainline/worrying defences.

It's because he's not eating his pap anymore!

Snub?? Yeah I don't think so. It had more to do with his long injury and him and his girlfriend being held at gunpoint in their own home that prompted the move abroad. He wasn't then selected because we still had the stupid 30-cap rule.

Yeah I remember that now. Didn't mean he left due to not being selected apologies. Still rated him far higher than DDA. Seems he is made of glass though. Anyway I really hope we get to see him in a Bok jersey one day.

I gotta say though DDA is playing better now than he has in the last 3 years. His defense is top quality, and I don't know how or why, but he started passing a bit more.

I think we'll win this one but jeepers, it will not be as easy as some on here think. Proper rugby team Japan, we do not need to be thinking these are nobodies.

We'd struggle to beat Ireland and they beat Ireland, will be a hard fought game.

I think we'll win this one but jeepers, it will not be as easy as some on here think. Proper rugby team Japan, we do not need to be thinking these are nobodies.

We'd struggle to beat Ireland and they beat Ireland, will be a hard fought game.

Agreed, I actually think a hard fought victory 29 to 24 would be better for the Boks going forward than a 41 to 7 walkover.

Latest posts