• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Quarter-Final 4] Japan vs. South Africa (20/10/2019)

Kolbe has to be at 15 doesn't he? He touched the ball about 3 times stuck on the wing and Le Roux is woefully out of form

I'm running a half marathon. I don't know if I'm going to bother watching afterwards.

thing is, I'm used to it following the Blues in the pro 14.
I always wonder why I make the effort to watch it but hey-ho. I always do

Mapimpi De Allende and Marx were good.

Either way. 1 try conceded in 4 matches is not a bad stat. Anyway that was emotional. Sorry about some kak posts back there.

It's a job well done and there is still a way forward for us.

is that because you'd like Wales to face England in the final? Rather than based on any kind of logic?

not really. I just think they have the minerals (mainly mentally) to take them on.

I can't see Wales getting past the semi after today TBH

I noticed that Japan changed their game by kicking more.
South Africa didn't make the mistake that Ireland and Scotland did, they kept to their game plan.

Also I think South Africa are probably better than Ireland and Scotland

yeah kolbe usually finds his way into the game and today he was nowhere to be found. I find it hard to believe he's at 100%
He took that awkward tackle that caused him to put 'a lot' of pressure on the top of his ankle and it also stretched his achilles... think it was against Italy. Then he looked far from comfortable when he was double-teamed by the two Japanese guys today. Great player... as a Welshman I could do without his magic next week ;).

not really. I just think they have the minerals (mainly mentally) to take them on.

I can't see Wales getting past the semi after today TBH

Going to take more than mental strength to win next week. Skills wise and execution at speed we can't compete with ABs, so will have to revert to smashing them at the breakdown, getting to an early lead and try to pick them off with a couple of intercept tries if ABs are chasing the game, also rely on ABs having a big off day. 2012 at Twickenham comes to mind. Is Suzie still available?:p

Still, I am fully expecting NZ v SA final and a England v Wales third place play off.

Well the world rankings reflect the four semifinalists, though based on this weekend I'd swap S.A and Wales around.

Japan will be pretty disappointed with that second half, especially the opening. Yes, SA stepped it up a notch as expected but Japan also took huge steps backwards. I thought SA were very good, finishing aside (pressure from Japan though TBF, then panic when the opportunity arose). Wales will need to find form to beat that but SA will have to change things up too. Semis are going to be fascinating.

Brilliant hosts Japan and with 4 years to plan and refine your game I'm predicting at least a QF again and likely a SF if progress continues at current rate. Should be very proud and can't wait to watch your new domestic league.

Going to take more than mental strength to win next week. Skills wise and execution at speed we can't compete with ABs, so will have to revert to smashing them at the breakdown, getting to an early lead and try to pick them off with a couple of intercept tries if ABs are chasing the game, also rely on ABs having a big off day. 2012 at Twickenham comes to mind. Is Suzie still available?:p

Still I am fully expecting NZ v SA final and a England v Wales third place play off.

Id agree with that... as far as the odds go. If it goes the other way though an England vs Wales final... well I don't know how I'd get through the week, let alone the 80 minutes at the end of it.

Still, I am fully expecting NZ v SA final and a England v Wales third place play off.

An Eng v Wal final would be insane though. Wales ARE capable of getting there, and NZ are not impossible to beat.

Anyway, I will meditate to the rugby gods to see if they can make Wales find their attack game.
Maybe Howley was a bigger influence than we imagined.

An Eng v Wal final would be insane though. Wales ARE capable of getting there, and NZ are not impossible to beat.

Anyway, I will meditate to the rugby gods to see if they can make Wales find their attack game.
Maybe Howley was a bigger influence than we imagined.

No chance that happens. NZ-SA has the final written all over it. Worse team for Wales to face next week are SA. Wales unfortunately are dead on their feet, and to deal with SA directly striking at them will be to much.

And this is from a Welsh man.

I would love a Wales-England final but I think the other 2 are just to much.

Hard luck Japan. As most would have expected South Africa's physicality eventually took it's toll. Thought their defence pretty much shut Japan down too.

Congradulations on your victory!

Honestly I was a little disappointed. The difference of the real ability is more clear than I have expected, but I think the result may be different if we got a try during SA were 14 players because they seemed to be very nurveous especially during the first half .
Some of brave blossoms may be satisfied when they reached the quarter final.
Anyway May god protect you.

Kolbe has to be at 15 doesn't he? He touched the ball about 3 times stuck on the wing and Le Roux is woefully out of form

That is debatable, and I certainly do not disagree with you.

But I think the greatest tragedy of this World Cup is that a bunch of wankers like Wales should have snuck into the World Cup semi-finals ahead of nations like Ireland, Japan, Scotland and Australia.

They will die a terrible death at the hands of those Saffers, in the semi finals.

And whilst we are at it, let us congratulate the best rugby team in the world for beating the Springboks, in the final ?

But I think the greatest tragedy of this World Cup is that a bunch of wankers like Wales should have snuck into the World Cup semi-finals ahead of nations like Ireland, Japan, Scotland and Australia.

They will die a terrible death at the hands of those Saffers, in the semi finals.

And whilst we are at it, let us congratulate the best rugby team in the world for beating the Springboks, in the final ?

I am glad Ireland are out. They've also been winning while being crap. They just got rumbled sooner than Wales.

Errrm I certainly agree that today's display wasn't the quality you would expect of a semi-final team but "bunch of wankers" do you know them personally? Most of them are pretty good guys and the lions tour shows that all of these guys, despite on the pitch rivalrys get on. They are not juvenile sour people like yourself though

Latest posts