• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Semi-Final 1] England vs. New Zealand (26/10/2019)

Thank you England. Was a good lesson in humility.
again ABs and NZ get reminded that a WC is not an easy thing to win and should never be taken for granted. i said a 3 peat was nigh impossible and England showed NZ how difficult it is.
again a team put in an irresistible performance (just like in Perth) against the ABs; who had no answer. England were relentless, hungry and determined. ABs were out passioned, out muscled and out played.
big ups to the ABs. the better team def won on the day.

hansen and read have been awesome and provided me with a lot of fond memories and this current golden era; which i think is coming to an end, but its been an awesome era and now its time for the next one.

4 more years to build up again boys

im still black and proud, for life.

hansen and read have been awesome and provided me with a lot of fond memories and this current golden era; which i think is coming to an end, but its been an awesome era and now its time for the next one.

Hansen sure but Read no.
As a leader Read has always been invisible on the field and he probably should have gone two years ago as I really don't think he had his heart in it for years.
On the whole I tend to agree with Stu Wilson's recent comments on the game.

Thank you England. Was a good lesson in humility.
again ABs and NZ get reminded that a WC is not an easy thing to win and should never be taken for granted. i said a 3 peat was nigh impossible and England showed NZ how difficult it is.
again a team put in an irresistible performance (just like in Perth) against the ABs; who had no answer. England were relentless, hungry and determined. ABs were out passioned, out muscled and out played.
big ups to the ABs. the better team def won on the day.

So you should be .... well said

I still can't believe how poorly Hansen managed this WC cycle, at least post the Lions tour: he kept selecting people on past merits, played a couple of them out of position, didn't settle on a clear midfield combination, stuck with odd or plainly wrong ideas (i.e. dual playmaker nonsense), made changes way too late in the gameplan/squad. You can't possibly pretend to win a WC when you found out who's your preferred back three only a month and a half prior to the tournament...

Anyway, it's irritating to see the Boks playing for gold, two years after they were thrashed 0-57, and New Zealand a dead rubber...

Hansen sure but Read no.
As a leader Read has always been invisible on the field and he probably should have gone two years ago as I really don't think he had his heart in it for years.
i disagree. reads been the top or amongst the top #8's in the world. it wasnt just Reads fault we lost. this was a collective loss and the team can be blamed for this game.
but moreso credit should be given to England. they stopped ABs from playing their game and took complete control of this game.
ABs are only human. when a team with that much determination and accuracy come at you then its going to be a long day in the office. As in Perth ABs had no answer.

Congratulations England,

Easily the better team on the day.
Probably should have won by a few more, kind of feel like the scoreline flattered us a little. I don't think it was that competitive tbh.

I don't think we forgot how difficult it is to win a world cup and I don't think we took the wrong team.

England just played out of their skins and deserve credit.

Sure a few AB's had average games, but thats what happens when a team puts the blow torch on from the opening whistle.

The English defence was just on fire tbh, I thought we could have played narrower and got some forward momentum first.
Even our little quick men could have done some donkey work tbh, Smith and TJ could have run a little more,

We forgot about the basics and thought we could just continue on from the Irish game.

You need to get go forward first before you spread the ball wide, we were just trying to move the ball behind the advantage line and it wasn't working.

A few errors and a bit of stupid behaviour cost us at important times, The two penalty reversals could have been key moments for the AB's.

Maybe the English lad could have gone to the bin for the no arms tackle lol, but in saying that I thought both of the English disallowed tries were harsh.

BTW if we played again tomorrow I would still back the men and black as favourites, every dog has its day lol.

Winning a world cup is super hard, especially when you have to win 3 tough games.

The Boks haven't even got out of 2nd gear, and the English played what some percieved as their world cup final.

The AB's couldn't keep that intensity 2 games in a row, lets see how the English manage.

I actually feel like the Boks are in the drivers seat, this is no gimmie thats for sure.

Well done to England. They played a great game and should have won by more.
Points I'd make
1. The TMO should not look for the smallest of knock-ons inside mauls. That was weak. Try should have stood.
2. The English players were magnanimous in victory. I really liked that.
3. The Farrell carry on after he was pushed over might be the way the game is now headed. Similar to soccer. I hope not.
4. I fear for AB's future, with the NZ Under 20's teams beaten in recent years, by England and SA, in a very similar manner to this game.

*spends 50% of the post moaning about ref decisions doesn't mention 2 trys England lost on marginal calls*

Marginal? I'd love to hear your argument that they were Marginal, go ahead.

I hope your argument is better than your maths. 50% you say?
my post had an opening statement, a closing statement and 9 paragraphs plus a few stray sentences.
Just ONE paragraph was purely about the refereeing plus another two lines that were kind of but not directly about the refereeing.
Or shall we look at it another way, my post was 1008 words and between 160-220 words were in respect to the refereeing, seems you have issues working out percentages so let me do that for you that's between 15% and 22% at the most about refereeing. Thats only 15% directly about refereeing or 22% at the most if you are being picky.
Maybe next time pick an argument that can't be so easily destroyed with a pinch of common sense and 2 minutes copy and pasting into a word counter?

Marginal? I'd love to hear your argument that they were Marginal, go ahead.

I hope your argument is better than your maths. 50% you say?
my post had an opening statement, a closing statement and 9 paragraphs plus a few stray sentences.
Just ONE paragraph was purely about the refereeing plus another two lines that were kind of but not directly about the refereeing.
Or shall we look at it another way, my post was 1008 words and between 160-220 words were in respect to the refereeing, seems you have issues working out percentages so let me do that for you that's between 15% and 22% at the most about refereeing. Thats only 15% directly about refereeing or 22% at the most if you are being picky.
Maybe next time pick an argument that can't be so easily destroyed with a pinch of common sense and 2 minutes copy and pasting into a word counter?

Try 1: Curry ran a dummy line and Whitelock bought it. Curry would not have made contact with him or taken him out of the game had he not made the choice to try to tackle Curry. It was that decision that drew him away and created the space. Had he not committed, Curry would have run past him and he still would have been in line to tackle Sinckler.

Try 2: George was in possession of the ball before it was knocked down and he was the one that regathered it, therefore there was no forward pass.

The first is marginal as you could argue it was blocking, the 2nd wasn't marginal, it was outright wrong.

Hansen sure but Read no.

Read is a great captain. I would not say invisible, considering McCaw legacy as captaincy was immense. Read did a bloody good job, I'll give him credit for that.

Read is a great captain. I would not say invisible, considering McCaw legacy as captaincy was immense. Read did a bloody good job, I'll give him credit for that.

I am not sure I can recall a game where Read has made a difference, he has always been a rather bland and mostly invisable player.
In the grand scheme of things Read "might" be better than Randle was as captain but in terms of performance and on-field presence he should have been dropped years ago, one thing that is becoming obvious is that retiring coaches and captains need to be dropped before world cups.

I am not sure I can recall a game where Read has made a difference, he has always been a rather bland and mostly invisable player.
In the grand scheme of things Read "might" be better than Randle was as captain but in terms of performance and on-field presence he should have been dropped years ago, one thing that is becoming obvious is that retiring coaches and captains need to be dropped before world cups.

As a player Read has had some awesome performances. As a captain, not on the level of King Richie (to be fair nobody in the history of rugby was either).

As a player Read has had some awesome performances. As a captain, not on the level of King Richie (to be fair nobody in the history of rugby was either).
Once more we will have to agree to disagree as I (for what it is worth) have only ever thought of him as an average player and a decidedly uninspiring captain.

Reading the nz herald it would seem the kiwis are ready to declare war on us.

Reading the nz herald it would seem the kiwis are ready to declare war on us.
Link please. Don't believe the herald. Probably the worst
NZ media outlet for click bait.
I doubt it's war, it's only a game

Latest posts