• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Semi-Final 2] Wales vs. South Africa (27/10/2019)

Yeah agree. England's scrum was not a weapon against NZ, it held together well but we didn't get a scrum going forward. And Sinckler got out-dark-artsed against Australia and conceded two penalties, fairly or otherwise. It's definitely something SA could target, simly because they are huge (and have another huge tight 5 on the bench).

In hindsight NZ probably should have had a go at our scrum a bit more rather than running the knock on advantage every time.

~

I see we have moved on to using this as the match thread for the final with or without heineken

Geez guys, I have a life outside of the forum too!

i'll do the final match thread early tomorrow morning when i'm in front of my pc. I don't have all the abilities on my phone, nor do I have the logo's.

patience is a virtue.

meanwhile continue to hijack this thread. Seems like you guys can't say anything positive in anyway about the match so have at it.

Loooong day, this Sunday drinking is taking its toll on the body...
Just read this entire thread, better that most of the game until the ** discussion, bleh - who cares in any event, not going to change anything.
Utterly frustrating game to watch, nerve wrecking but the Boks pulled through at the end.

Getting this out of my system, we're re in the final.
80 minutes between four white lines, not worried about who we would face, this is a final against the Springboks
Bring it

Ugly game. If ever there were a banana skin for us this was it. Wales. Garces. It was ugly but we managed. I can't imagine Rassie dropping Faf or Le Roux now if he hasn't already so the final will be interesting. Faf at least brings some doggedness in D. Not sure what Le Roux is adding ATM.. Pollard at least was on song at goal. Rest of the team I have little qualms over.

How awesome is it that we will be getting into a final vs England and will be going in as decided underdogs!
I don't see you as underdogs despite that performance, 50-50 game for me.

So are you...mostly. :rolleyes:
The ironic thing is I wasn't even trying to be inflammatory. In @The_Blindside's opinion England winning this cup would beat 2003, in mine it would not. Honestly think that people got so worked up about it as they were reading into things that I didn't even say (or mean)... but that's people for you.

The ironic thing is I wasn't even trying to be inflammatory. In @The_Blindside's opinion England winning this cup would beat 2003, in mine it would not. Honestly think that people got so worked up about it as they were reading into things that I didn't even say (or mean)... but that's people for you.

There were also subsequent posts that didn't help. I doubt that was how you intended your post to be interpreted, but that's how it was and it snowballed a bit before you were able to clarify. It happens.

I think half the problem is many of us from the moment the pool game got cancelled anticipated it being used to down play England and even the slightest hint may invite big reactions.

I don't see you as underdogs despite that performance, 50-50 game for me.

yeah pretty close for me too, let's hope we have had our share of disallowed try's against NZ and we don't have a repeat of the Cueto incident.

Thing is if people claim there will be an asterisk against the winners, then it's all winners including their own team had it won even one difference in team places would have changed the whole knockout stages as both sides of it would be affected. Whole thing is just ridiculous and no matter which side of the knockout stage teams were on. S.A and England have beaten them all by virtue of either beating the teams directly or by beating the team that won the other quarter final. That's how knockout stages work.

EnviousSnarlingGecko-size_restricted.gif

Has there ever been an English sporting success without an asterisk? ;)

Well illegibly non try but yeah.
Mate, I watched that game the other day for the first time since the actual day and that was a try. On top of that England were diddled throughout that game. IMO South Africa were deserved World Champions but England deserved to win the final. It was eerily similar to the ABs v France final in 2011. England definitely owe South Africa one and here's hoping that they deliver.

One thing about South Africa is they aren't afraid to play boring rugby to win. They have the physicality to match England, but I can't see them winning with running rugby. I think South Africa could potentially kick their way to a 3rd RWC ***le. This coming game will come down to positional kicking and set piece execution. We could be in for a barn stormer of a game or the most boring RWC final ever.

Latest posts