• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][Semi-Final 2] Wales vs. South Africa (27/10/2019)

Wales fans? Is North 100%? He seemed a bit slow in the previous game

Very easy penalty against Tipuric
How was Tips supposed to move from there. I'm all for ensuring players are rolling away from a ruck, but it has to be in the realms of actually being able to move.

No because it's the responsibility of the tackler to do it in such a way as to be able to get away easily - otherwise the tackler could always claim they tried.
It also comes with the territory of trying to hold up the carrier - if you succeed it's a turnover and you don't have to move but the cost is if you don't succeed you're going to have to get out sheepish.

Very easy penalty against Tipuric

No because it's the responsibility of the tackler to do it in such a way as to be able to get away easily - otherwise the tackler could always claim they tried.
It also comes with the territory of trying to hold up the carrier - if you succeed it's a turnover and you don't have to move but the cost is if you don't succeed you're going to have to get out sheepish.

When you are dragged in by the momentum and held there by the attacking players, however, he couldn't roll away even if he tried. He could have made an effort to show he was trying to move and he didn't, so I'll accept that. Probably one to discuss outside the game.

When you are dragged in by the momentum and held there by the attacking players, however, he couldn't roll away even if he tried. He could have made an effort to show he was trying to move and he didn't, so I'll accept that. Probably one to discuss outside the game.

For sure holding the tackler in is a problem and increasingly we have to rely on the referee to pick up on it. Tipuric seemed to be lying on his head?

How was Tips supposed to move from there. I'm all for ensuring players are rolling away from a ruck, but it has to be in the realms of actually being able to move.
Lots of players have been penalized throughout the year for that, it could be a loophole if you know how to use it effectively in attack

So SA's tactic is to box kick everything in the hope that one side or the other knocks it on and therefore there will be scrums that SA can win penalties from. Neat.

So far Wales are losing the gain line battle and getting caught too far behind it.

Latest posts