• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][The Final] England vs. South Africa (02/11/2019)

I see De Allende and RG Snyman have signed for Munster. Those are 2 massive signings for them...

Sure, Wales didn't play particularly well, but imagine if they'd have edged that semi against SA! Anything can happen in the final, as we've seen. Wales depleted by injuries fought until the end - they played all their matches and didn't choke. SA lost to NZ in the pool stages and went on to lift the cup - a feat never done before. This RWC has changed perceptions.

I think everyone got swallowed up by the media hype of England, even England themselves, players and coaches. Sure that NZ win was breathtaking. But there was very little of the SA story in our media, except for a short 10 minute or so piece the morning of the final. I think, by his body language and attitude, EJ thought it was in the bag - and because he thought it, so did the team. And because of that, they didn't show up. There's confidence and then there's arrogance - yes that word again. I think SA were written off and to a degree disrespected. Turns out Warren Gatland wasn't so far wrong in his suggesting that England peaked too soon. Don't see EJ and BY's smirking in a press conference now do we? You have to think, 'karma'.

It's true, England haven't had much backlash, but they know they choked on the biggest stage. And, wait 'till the dust settles, and the micro and forensic analysis starts. 4 years to 2023 is a long long time. I can't wait for the 2020 6 Nations personally.

Over and out!

Just on the Boks first try again.

Lukhanyo Am's pass to Mapimpi was sheer brilliance. Not only did he make sure Mapimpi would get the ball into open space, but he passed it in a way that was away from any England defenders so Mapimpi would not be impeded by being run in from behind.

Absolutely sublime.

EIPh0lkXkAAPbGk.jpg

I just have to lol

2289371a8998467e8883c5e41bed053e.png

Just on the Boks first try again.

Lukhanyo Am's pass to Mapimpi was sheer brilliance. Not only did he make sure Mapimpi would get the ball into open space, but he passed it in a way that was away from any England defenders so Mapimpi would not be impeded by being run in from behind.

Absolutely sublime.

Also Marx. His quick hands for the first, and Massive tackle for the 2nd. Both Marx and Am were the catalysts for both tries.

Sure, Wales didn't play particularly well, but imagine if they'd have edged that semi against SA! Anything can happen in the final, as we've seen. Wales depleted by injuries fought until the end - they played all their matches and didn't choke. SA lost to NZ in the pool stages and went on to lift the cup - a feat never done before. This RWC has changed perceptions.

I think everyone got swallowed up by the media hype of England, even England themselves, players and coaches. Sure that NZ win was breathtaking. But there was very little of the SA story in our media, except for a short 10 minute or so piece the morning of the final. I think, by his body language and attitude, EJ thought it was in the bag - and because he thought it, so did the team. And because of that, they didn't show up. There's confidence and then there's arrogance - yes that word again. I think SA were written off and to a degree disrespected. Turns out Warren Gatland wasn't so far wrong in his suggesting that England peaked too soon. Don't see EJ and BY's smirking in a press conference now do we? You have to think, 'karma'.

It's true, England haven't had much backlash, but they know they choked on the biggest stage. And, wait 'till the dust settles, and the micro and forensic analysis starts. 4 years to 2023 is a long long time. I can't wait for the 2020 6 Nations personally.

Over and out!

I think the Boks under instruction from Rassie did enough to get by Japan and just enough to scrape by Wales. Reason being he didn't want to show his hand. Maybe I'm grasping at straws, who know or cares? In the end, the Boks won the final and that's probably all that matters.

I think the Boks under instruction from Rassie did enough to get by Japan and just enough to scrape by Wales. Reason being he didn't want to show his hand. Maybe I'm grasping at straws, who know or cares? In the end, the Boks won the final and that's probably all that matters.
I think you'll find you're mistaken. Wales actually won the world cup.

To be fair Olyy I think Wales were closer to edging out SA than England were. England were never in it, you KNOW it.

Sure England didn't play particularly well, but imagine if they'd have edged that final against SA! Anything can happen in the final, as we've seen.

To be fair Olyy I think Wales were closer to edging out SA than England were. England were never in it, you KNOW it.

In 2015 We were the only team who gave the AB's a run, losing by 2 points that even required an AB drop goal. Everyone forgot about that real quick. Though the Japan loss might have had a lot to do with that lol.

Also paints a picture with this image. Clinical.

Screen-Shot-2019-11-05-at-7.56.22-AM-768x432.png

Hey you're preaching to the converted. I'm a fan who happens to be Welsh. I actually predicted a SA win by 10 in 2019 final. I was way out, it was 20!

In 2015 We were the only team who gave the AB's a run, losing by 2 points that even required an AB drop goal. Everyone forgot about that real quick. Though the Japan loss might have had a lot to do with that lol.

Also paints a picture with this image. Clinical.

Screen-Shot-2019-11-05-at-7.56.22-AM-768x432.png
aching t

Olyy, it doesn't hurt to think 'what if' sometime you know? Had EJ and Co thought 'what if SA actually give us a game?' maybe that 4th final you've been in would have been closer. Maybe it would have been closer to my prediction of SA by 10! And I often think 'what if England had played all their games (France)' because I'd predicted an upset there as well but we'll never know.

I know we made the final and you didn't. Anything else is irrelevant, just like Wales' 2019 RWC campaign.

A fun statistic, three of the Springboks had won a big tournament having lost their first game before.

In the 2012 IRB Junior World Campionship, Pollard, PSDT and Kitshoff were part of the team that lost to Ireland in their first game and then went on to win the Championship.

Other notable players that were in that team are:
Dillyn Leyds - Springbok
Jan Serfontein - Springbok
Allan Dell - Scotland prop
Paul Willemse - French lock
Braam Steyn - Italian looseforward

Olyy, it doesn't hurt to think 'what if' sometime you know? Had EJ and Co thought 'what if SA actually give us a game?' maybe that 4th final you've been in would have been closer. Maybe it would have been closer to my prediction of SA by 10! And I often think 'what if England had played all their games (France)' because I'd predicted an upset there as well but we'll never know.
I often think "What if Wales were relevant on the world stage", but then I wake up and realise what a ridiculous notion that is.

What if England had played France, and Vahaamahina had his brain fart against them? Then Wales play France with 15 players for 80 minutes and lose? Thus they don't even make the semi's? WHAT IF?????

If instead of legs I was born with a working and functional jetpack as part of my anatomy I reckon I'd be the best rugby player in the world and Ireland would be world champs. Suck my hypothetical flying dick Pieter Steph du Toit.
Very limited kicking game though.

If instead of legs I was born with a working and functional jetpack as part of my anatomy I reckon I'd be the best rugby player in the world and Ireland would be world champs. Suck my hypothetical flying dick Pieter Steph du Toit.
Must mention that we Saffers only suck when it's worth sucking......Hein is the nominated sucker, please speak to him.....

Latest posts