• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[RWC2019][The Final] England vs. South Africa (02/11/2019)

So an article from 18months ago is apparently a direct quote about a game that happened two weeks ago?

.....sound.
ROG is sour for thinking out loud about a cynical coach possibly getting Cole to feign injury to get uncontested scrums and BOD is sour for being asked a question about the hapes of PEDs South African rugby players get caught taking too. Neither are English, mad stuff altogether.

I think Lourens may have had tongue firmly in cheek
Sorry, my communication sucks sometimes, lol.....was just a looking for crap moment, only fun intended.....this is the part where you keep up with the reactions on your looking for trouble posts.....

So an article from 18months ago is apparently a direct quote about a game that happened two weeks ago?

.....sound.
I mean we know Wales Online are gutter trash which is why I always look at things a little more forensically. But yeah grabbing an article from 18 months.....man some people are getting played in trying to create an sour grapes English narrative.

TBF to my compatriots, our media is scraping the barrel and is selling this as new (and with a ***le implying it is aimed at our bench specifically). I suppose I can't blame the media as it seems its the **** stirring that sells their 'papers'.

If the market demands quality journalism I am sure we'll get it as money talks but sadly..

I'm sure the Rugby paper doesn't publish articles online till a few days after they appear in the paper, so it could be from this week but you can't see it online yet.

https://www.therugbypaper.co.uk/fea...t-the-number-of-subs-to-see-the-game-improve/

27th March 2018. Guscott, you bitter, bitter man. I remember reading this and thinking it was a bit excessive but had some good points at the time.
26 days into Rassie Erasmus' tenure as head coach!

The mans Nostradamus, need to get him in the England setup. Predicting the 'decisive' way SA would win before they'd even played under a new coach after a period of being exceptionally poor. He didn't even mention them by name but he knew!

I'm sure the Rugby paper doesn't publish articles online till a few days after they appear in the paper, so it could be from this week but you can't see it online yet.
That's clutching at straws considering the 2018 article. Even if it is a new article Guscott said 'he'd make it his mission' in 2018 he can hardly be accused of sour grapes for bringing up an issue he raised in the recent past.

That's clutching at straws considering the 2018 article. Even if it is a new article Guscott said 'he'd make it his mission' in 2018 he can hardly be accused of sour grapes for bringing up an issue he raised in the recent past.

I agree, I've heard him and other people mention a reduction in subs well before the world cup. But it's in the balance of fairness with posters claiming that sites are dredging up the past when it could be from this week (I'm not 100 sure it is or isn't)

All I got from that was that the physicality of the game has changed, and Guscott's attitude to it hasn't.

How you can take that as a direct critcism of the way South Africa play is beyond me and every team benefits from those replacements.

Are the Irish like this in the 6 nations? When they don't win they focus on smearing the winners?

Catch up, people are smearing the runners up by pulling up an 18 month old article and claiming it sour grapes.
He's on about Neil Francis saying there's an asterisk next to the RWC win because of steroid abuse

No idea who the guy is but a quick google brings up an article about his slagging off gay people in pro-sport, an article where he slings **** at England and Wales, calling EJ smug and lucky and Gatland thick as ****.

So he seems like another tinpot clickbait journo who shouldn't be taken seriously at all.

Latest posts