• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ryder Cup

Tony Manx

TRF Season Ticket Holder
TRF Legend
Club or Nation
Biarritz
After all the hooting and shouting, the boys finally got down to it this morning.......and they let the Yanks off.....1.5 points each with final match to finish!!

Poulter and Gallagher were awful.....fair enough!

But Kaymer and Bjorn went from 3 up to give a half on the 18th with some abject putting.

Rory and Garcia, with Rory really out of sorts, failed to take advantage of playing only Michelson as Bradley was hardly in it until the 16th when he hit a great second to participate in the event for really the first time to halve the match!

Meanwhile, Rose and Stenson cruised without playing anything really great......but very competent!

I fear for the Europeans this afternoon with Westwood, hardly in form, playing with Donaldson, Rose and Stenson, Mcilroy and Garcia with Dubisson going out with Gmac.................

It will be all square tonight or advantage Europe, and yes Poulter Gall-haller( did he vote yes or no) were crap!!!!

Last edited:
It will be all square tonight or advantage Europe, and yes Poulter Gall-haller( did he vote yes or no) were crap!!!!

You might be right assisted by Donaldson and the lovely Victooooooooooooor......who are playing better than at least six (Rose and Stenson excluded) of their more illustrious team mates and certainly their two playing partners!!!

Add a HUUUUUUGGGGE mistake by Watson in putting Mickleson and Bradley out again in the afternoon when they were clearly having problems (up until the last three holes that they played after the afternoon teams had already been declared) in the morning instead of Speith and his mate who had won 5/4 and had their feet up in the clubroom an hour or so before!!!

Last edited:
Whats the actual difference between Fourballs and Foursomes?

Whats the actual difference between Fourballs and Foursomes?

In fourballs, both players in the team play the whole hole and the best score of one team is measured against the other with the lowest score winning or, if they are both the same, halving the hole.

In Foursomes, the team play only one ball between them with one player per team teeing off at the first, (and then they alternate for the rest of tees), and after the drive, they then play alternate shots until the ball is holed with the score matched against the other teams to determine win, lose or half!

looks like 3-1 to €'s lets make that 3 and a half - to a half, as Rory and Sergio commit high way robbery on the golf course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How can you play that badly and get a half incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thy never saw a fairway all afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
looks like 3-1 to €'s lets make that 3 and a half - to a half, as Rory and Sergio commit high way robbery on the golf course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How can you play that badly and get a half incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thy never saw a fairway all afternoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just about to say that................all credit to them for after Fowler's shot to the 16th, I could not see them getting back into it and then Rory's 40 foot fluke and tree bounce and there you are!!

Well played Rose, Stenson, Jamie and Victoooooooooooorr and could be 5-3.........suggest that is the last we have seen of the Garcia/McIlroy team for sometime!!!

I wouldn't be so sure Tony, they might try and play on the momentum of those last two holes. Otherwise it's Poulter and McIlroy because Dubuisson and GMac worked very well. Gallagher was a bad pick, Casey or Donald would have been better.

I wouldn't be so sure Tony, they might try and play on the momentum of those last two holes. Otherwise it's Poulter and McIlroy because Dubuisson and GMac worked very well. Gallagher was a bad pick, Casey or Donald would have been better.

Right on until you mentioned Gallagher and with respect that can only be right with hindsight. Donald has been **** this year and Casey showed some form in winning only after selection was over. Gallagher went out and had a crap first round in the last counting tournament when he needed to finish in the top two. He then made up some 12 shots to be in contention to fail by one shot. Do not think anyone begrudged him his pick and many would have said Westie and Poults were stranger picks after their crap seasons!! Remains to be seen who turns out to be the best of the picks as Westie was saved by Donaldson today and Poults was crap!!

Up and off again this morning but only on TV for the 4 balls no 4 sommes and this afternoon rugaby!!!!! could be another desperately hard afternoon in the armchair!!!!
8 points available and i can see 5 going to Europe which would make it 10-6 at the end of the day, 4 pts to get from the singles on Sun. maybe a bit biased there, but what the hell, it's USA .......more noise more noise they say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well there is rugby but then there is always rugby but the Ryder Cup is only on bi-annually!!

The USA fight back has started and the golf today (apart from McIlroy who is again crap) is already better than anything you saw yesterday...would not be surprised if the fourballs (presently 2-2) end up 1-3 as the Yanks are looking all round the better and the foursomes, which are on Sky here, may well see McIlroy dropped....!!!

If in Ireland its 1 of best days for sport but on golf Europe are playing ok as in guys like McIlroy and Rose doing excellent but they're carrying a few passengers. The USA aren't up to it at all I think and standard is a lot lower than previous Ryder Cups

Well there is rugby but then there is always rugby but the Ryder Cup is only on bi-annually!!

I can understand where you are coming from having no Top 14 team to support, but even bi annully i can't miss Montpellier seconds having a go at Toulon this afternoon!!!!!!

If in Ireland its 1 of best days for sport but on golf Europe are playing ok as in guys like McIlroy and Rose doing excellent but they're carrying a few passengers. The USA aren't up to it at all I think and standard is a lot lower than previous Ryder Cups

I agree the standard has not been as high as too many out of form players on both side but today it has perked up immensely but not sure how you can say "McIlroy doing excellent"!!!

Bjorn, Stenson, Rose, Kaymer, Donaldson, Victooooooor - yes but McIlroy, Poulter, and Westwood have been poor to downright bad..........and the rest pretty average.

..............and as I write that, Rory is showing signs of coming back into some sort of form!

Last edited:
I can understand where you are coming from having no Top 14 team to support, but even bi annully i can't miss Montpellier seconds having a go at Toulon this afternoon!!!!!!

Even with a Top 14 team to support....no difference!

Biarritz has taught me that there is life outside of rugby as they have not played it for years!!!!

I agree the standard has not been as high as too many out of form players on both side but today it has perked up immensely but not sure how you can say "McIlroy doing excellent"!!!

Bjorn, Stenson, Rose, Kaymer, Donaldson, Victooooooor - yes but McIlroy, Poulter, and Westwood have been poor to downright bad..........and the rest pretty average.

..............and as I write that, Rory is showing signs of coming back into some sort of form!

McIlroy hasn't exactly had it easy! He's holding Walker and Fowler off on his own at the moment and his recovery play with Sergio yesterday was excellent in the foursomes, his fourballs were poor though. No one's on the level of Rose though.

McIlroy hasn't exactly had it easy! He's holding Walker and Fowler off on his own at the moment and his recovery play with Sergio yesterday was excellent in the foursomes, his fourballs were poor though. No one's on the level of Rose though.

He is a totally different player over the last 4/5 holes than he was in the first two series.....his drives are finding the fairways at last, his irons into the green are now on target instead of anything up to 50 yards off, and his putting has mostly come back......He did not play anywhere near this standard with Sergio yesterday but Poulter must be considered the weakest link in the team after his performances and has failed McGinley with his pick so far!!!

But Rose/Stenson are about 6/7 under after 12 and are only one up!!! Make that NINE under after 13 with 6 birdies on the trot for JR and just 2 up..................

Last edited:
He is a totally different player over the last 4/5 holes than he was in the first two series.....his drives are finding the fairways at last, his irons into the green are now on target instead of anything up to 50 yards off, and his putting has mostly come back......He did not play anywhere near this standard with Sergio yesterday but Poulter must be considered the weakest link in the team after his performances and has failed McGinley with his pick so far!!!

But Rose/Stenson are about 6/7 under after 12 and are only one up!!! Make that NINE under after 13 with 6 birdies on the trot for JR and just 2 up..................

It just gets better and better, Rose and Stenson are unbelievable! McIlroy needs to rally again now to secure the 2-2 for the morning session because Speith and Reed have just taken off.

Latest posts