• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

SA Jersey

M

M Two One

I didn't want to create a thread for this, but there isn't a general South Africa discussion thread. ;)

Anyway, I figure fans would enjoy this.

southafricarugby.png

Yep that's last seasons jersey, a new one is set to be revealed for the B&I Lions tour.

New Springbok jersey revealed featuring the King Protea on the left torso:

http://www.worldrugbyshop.com/720950.html

Looks pretty good actually! An improvement on last years design imo. If you click on the back view you'll see 3 strips of that stuff to help reduce slipping when binding is still there.
The Protea also doesn't look bad on the jersey at all. Would be ideal if the Springbok was still on the left torso, but then the ANC will say the Bok is "mooning" the Protea.

EDIT: Can you believe this site doesn't ship to Africa due to "problems" they have with credit companies! I've got the cold hard cash and the Americans want credit instead :%#%#:

Looks way better than the stupid lined jerseys, lets hope they're dropped. I did prefer the sponsor when it was slightly smaller, so centre justified in the middle of the jersey... But you can't have it all.

720950.FLAT.jpg

So, from now on the Srpinbok jersey will have two logos? One for South Africa Rugby, and the other for the Springboks?
I knew they were going to do something with the protea or whatever, but I just thought they were going to make it more dominant with the logo they had.

Reasonable compromise. Shirt looks Sweet!
And after reading this thread, I've come to these conclusions.

1. I now know what the shirts for Scotland, Australia and every other Canterbury Team will look like for 2 Years.

2. O'Rothlain is cool.

3. USA Rugby fans will get ripped off because they gonna have to buy another shirt after having their shirt for only a year.

4. I'm cool, like Carlito.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ May 1 2009, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
720950.FLAT.jpg

So, from now on the Srpinbok jersey will have two logos? One for South Africa Rugby, and the other for the Springboks?
I knew they were going to do something with the protea or whatever, but I just thought they were going to make it more dominant with the logo they had.[/b]
It is now regulation that all national sport teams in SA had the King Protea emblem on the left torso. The Springbok is the emblem for SARU. For example our soccer team has the same with it's federation emblem/logo on the right torso.

bafana_bafana_confed_cup_shirt_2009.jpg

It looks ok, i prefer the new style. The lines was ok, but only on certain jerseys.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swansea99 @ May 1 2009, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Reasonable compromise. Shirt looks Sweet!
And after reading this thread, I've come to these conclusions.

1. I now know what the shirts for Scotland, Australia and every other Canterbury Team will look like for 2 Years.

2. O'Rothlain is cool.

3. USA Rugby fans will get ripped off because they gonna have to buy another shirt after having their shirt for only a year.

4. I'm cool, like Carlito.[/b]

Thanks. :bonne-de: Have a pint!

Latest posts