SA Rugby Presedent lashes out at SANZAR partners NZ and Australia

nickdnz

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Hurricanes
South Africa Rugby president Oregan Hoskins has lashed out at SANZAR partners Australia and New Zealand over the disciplinary hearing for controversial Springboks coach Peter de Villiers.
Hoskins labelled the hearing - to be held in Cape Town on Friday - "a declaration of war by Australia and New Zealand against South Africa", the Cape Argus reports.
The SA rugby boss also vowed to stand behind de Villiers who is under fire over his comments about the refereeing of his misfiring team which has slumped to an 0-3 start in the Tri-Nations series.
De Villiers will front a hearing by SANZAR judicial officer Jannie Lubbe after seemingly implying that Irish referees Alan Lewis and Alain Rolland favoured the All Blacks during their two wins over the Springboks in New Zealand last month.
"We are right behind Peter and will defend him to the hilt," Hoskins said.
However, Hoskins also reportedly confirmed that, during a performance review earlier this week, De Villiers had promised to abstain from making any more controversial remarks about referees.
Speaking on Fox Sport's Rugby Club program in Australia on July 21, De Villiers said: "I've got my own observations about the last two Tests, and maybe I can't say it in public, but we do have a World Cup in New Zealand next year and maybe it was the right thing for them to win the games so they can attract more people to the games next year."
SA Rugby has issued a statement in an attempt to convince governing body SANZAR that De Villiers had been misunderstood.
"In no manner did I ever suggest that the All Blacks were being favoured - by match officials or anyone else - because their country was hosting the Rugby World Cup next year," De Villiers was quoted as saying in the statement.
Meanwhile, former Springbok team psychologist Henning Gericke has warned of dysfunction in the team's leadership.
"The leaders in the team are possibly too soft on one another and the players in the squad," suggested Gericke on the Sport 24 website.
"What Peter did really well was to empower the players. But it's a very fine line ... Only the squad will know, but it's quite possible that the balance swung too much to the players.
"Peter will have to show mental toughness and address the issue."
http://nz.sports.yahoo.com/rugby/news/article/-/7695731/sa-rugby-president-lashes-rivals

facepalm.png
Facepalm_robotnik_by_Dr_Baconman.png

SA Rugby shouldn't encourage P-Divvy!

De Villiers said: "I've got my own observations about the last two Tests, and maybe I can't say it in public, but we do have a World Cup in New Zealand next year and maybe it was the right thing for them to win the games so they can attract more people to the games next year."
SA Rugby has issued a statement in an attempt to convince governing body SANZAR that De Villiers had been misunderstood.
"In no manner did I ever suggest that the All Blacks were being favoured - by match officials or anyone else - because their country was hosting the Rugby World Cup next year," De Villiers was quoted as saying in the statement.
I saw on T.V De Villiers making that statement (the first quote in bold) but I never heard him say that the All Blacks were being favoured by match officials because their country was hosting the rugby world cup...

I saw on T.V De Villiers making that statement (the first quote in bold) but I never heard him say that the All Blacks were being favoured by match officials because their country was hosting the rugby world cup...

In context to his previous statements, it makes it out that way.

South Africa Rugby president Oregan Hoskins has lashed out at SANZAR partners Australia and New Zealand over the disciplinary hearing for controversial Springboks coach Peter de Villiers.

images

a declaration of war by Australia and New Zealand against South Africa

images

Where the hell does that numpty Oregan Hoskins get off commenting on a judicial process BEFORE its even started. That in itself is enough to have HIM fronting a judicial inquiry.

Now I am not meaning this in any racist way whatsoever, but honestly, who let the chimpanzees loose. SARU seems like lunatic asylum with the inmates in charge and Hoskins is the chief Looney, a first class idiot!

This is what de Villiers said....

"I've got my own observations about the last two Tests, and maybe I can't say it in public, but we do have a World Cup in New Zealand next year and maybe it was the right thing for them to win the games so they can attract more people to the games next year."

Sorry Mr Hoskins, but you can backpedal up your own arse as much as you like, it won't make any difference. EVERYONE in the world of Rugby Union knows exactly what de Villiers meant; that referees were being instructed/bribed to allow NZ to win in order to boost interest for the world cup. That is quite simply an outrageous statement to make. I hope de Villiers gets the book thrown at him.

I'd say it's a mixture of

181148-triple_facepalm_super.jpg

with some

despair_idiocy.png

All not well in the SANZAR family yet again. The fact that SARU are backin PDV is unsuprising, they're idiots after all. The funniest thing is that the AB's are the most heavily penalised team thus far in the tri-nations with 34, SA with 24 and from two tests Aussie are on 18. Bias refeering my arse. SARU need to shut up and start packaging the tri-nations trophy for its triumphant return to NZ, I'll make a wooden spoon to send back.

All not well in the SANZAR family yet again. The fact that SARU are backin PDV is unsuprising, they're idiots after all. The funniest thing is that the AB's are the most heavily penalised team thus far in the tri-nations with 34, SA with 24 and from two tests Aussie are on 18. Bias refeering my arse. SARU need to shut up and start packaging the tri-nations trophy for its triumphant return to NZ, I'll make a wooden spoon to send back.

Sadly no one at the SARU actually know a thing or two about facts...

SARU seem to be a Micky Mouse outfit by wholeheartedly supporting PDV which means supporting his conspiracy comment. Mr Hoskins is now saying that SANZAR members from Oz and NZ have a vendetta against SARU by launching a misconduct hearing against PDV. It is quite clear that SARU are more focused on supporting PDV than trying to get the Bok team back to their former glory. Not to mention the poor SA Rugby fan who is probably fed up with all this nonsense. Come on SARU let PDV get his little slap on the wrist and get on with with what you and he (PDV) should be doing.

Well, NZ having 34 in 3 games is less than SA having 24 in 2 games. In fact Aus getting pinged 18 times in 1 game is the highest. Not that there's anything in it; just pointing out that your maths suck and simply stating that Nz has the highest number without taking the games played into account is just an example of using stats selectively.

TBH I am getting to see the funny side of it all. Living in SA, the BS in rugby is the least of it and you develop a thick skin although people do tend to get a short fuse. Either that or a very dark sense of humor. At least life is not boring in SA. Still, I think all those who say we are on the way down will be shooting themselves in the foot next year. A lot of our poor performances this year has to do with key players being REALLY off form (Matfield, Smit, Habana, Januarie, Spies) or unavailable (du Plessis brothers, Botha, Bekker, Brussouw, Smith, du Preez, Fourie, Pietersen, Steyn, Mapoe) and with bad selections (JdV, Januarie, Olivier, Kirschner). Pdiv, clown that he is, has done a brilliant job taking the pressure off of the players and we will be firing come RWC 2011.

Well, NZ having 34 in 3 games is less than SA having 24 in 2 games. In fact Aus getting pinged 18 times in 1 game is the highest. Not that there's anything in it; just pointing out that your maths suck and simply stating that Nz has the highest number without taking the games played into account is just an example of using stats selectively.

Err. where exactly did you learn maths?

NZL has played three matches and has been penalised 34 times - 11.3 per game
SAF has played three matches and has been penalised 24 times - 8 per game
AUS has played two matches and has been penalised 18 times - 9 per game

Pdiv, clown that he is, has done a brilliant job taking the pressure off of the players and we will be firing come RWC 2011.
Aha!!! Now I know where you learned your maths... at the Alistair Campbell School of Advanced Spin Doctory!!!

TBH I am getting to see the funny side of it all. Living in SA, the BS in rugby is the least of it and you develop a thick skin although people do tend to get a short fuse. Either that or a very dark sense of humor. At least life is not boring in SA. Still, I think all those who say we are on the way down will be shooting themselves in the foot next year. A lot of our poor performances this year has to do with key players being REALLY off form (Matfield, Smit, Habana, Januarie, Spies) or unavailable (du Plessis brothers, Botha, Bekker, Brussouw, Smith, du Preez, Fourie, Pietersen, Steyn, Mapoe) and with bad selections (JdV, Januarie, Olivier, Kirschner). Pdiv, clown that he is, has done a brilliant job taking the pressure off of the players and we will be firing come RWC 2011.
The other way to look at it is last year was an aberration resulting from law changes that meant skillful attacking rugby was not successful and that the 07 world cup was handed to them on a plate by NZ and Australia being knocked out. In other words Springbok strength was an illusion created by certain fortuitous factors beyond their control and a media which loves to rip into the All Blacks (NZ media included), but of course I'm not biased or anything.....

The 07 world cup was handed to them thanks to NZ and Australia not being good enough and getting knocked out by average English and French teams who both lost games in the group stages.

Fixed that for you. No thanks required.

Err. where exactly did you learn maths?

NZL has played three matches and has been penalised 34 times - 11.3 per game
SAF has played three matches and has been penalised 24 times - 8 per game
AUS has played two matches and has been penalised 18 times - 9 per game

Aha!!! Now I know where you learned your maths... at the Alistair Campbell School of Advanced Spin Doctory!!!

Oops. LOl, my bad, sorry; totally forgot about our game against Aus.

So this is why PdV is still in the job, it's 'cos his boss is as deluded and tdiotic as he is.

Latest posts