16 Bandise Maku
17 Heinke van der Merwe
18 Alistair Hargreaves
19 Davon Raubenheimer
20 Francois Hougaard
21 Meyer Bosman
22 Riaan Viljoen
</span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span>

Is that the South African team are the Sarries team?

Oh sorry, says it in the ***tle.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Nov 16 2009, 08:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
15 Earl Rose
14 Odwa Ndungane
13 Juan de Jongh
12 Wynand Olivier
11 Jongi Nokwe
10 Ruan Pienaar
9 Heini Adams
8 Ashley Johnson
7 Dewald Potgieter (capt)
6 Jean Deysel
5 Andries Bekker
4 Danie Rossouw
3 CJ van der Linde
2 Adriaan Strauss
1 Wian du Preez

Reserves:
16 Bandise Maku
17 Heinke van der Merwe
18 Alistair Hargreaves
19 Davon Raubenheimer
20 Francois Hougaard
21 Meyer Bosman
22 Riaan Viljoen
</span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span>
[/b]
I would have though South Africa would have fielded a stronger side after their lost to Leicester. Backs look good (perhaps without rose), forwards...look average.

Surely this should be called <strike>"South Africa vs. Developmental South Africa"</strike> "Saracens vs Developmental Saracens"...

Hey guys, how many South Africans played against Saints over the weekend? I think you'll find 11 English players were on the field on Saturday.

And for a team whose two most diefied players in the past 7 years are both Kiwi (I'm talking Reihana and that waste of space Spencer) well.. Hmmm..

pot-kettle-black.jpg

Yes they do... They are needing to have 50% Affricaans speaking player in each matchday squad, Ja?

Well, at least this is 1 fixture an SA team is gonna win unless there is a draw between Sa2nds and SA3rds. Heaven forbid.

Saracens should take this,
After seeing the trouble SA was in against a second string leicester, Sarries should have no problems

Saracens line-up vs South Africa

15 Michael Horak
14 Noah Cato
13 Kameli Ratuvou
12 Brad Barritt
11 Michael Tagicakibau
10 Derick Hougaard
9 Neil de Kock
1 Rhys Gill
2 Ethienne Reynecke
3 Richard Skuse
4 Mouritz Botha
5 Hugh Vyvyan
6 Wikus van Heerden ©
7 Justin Melck
8 Ernst Joubert

16 Schalk Brits
17 Carlos Nieto
18 George Kruis
19 Andy Saull
20 Kevin Barrett
21 Alex Goode
22 Rodd Penney

What about Glenn Jackson ? I havn't seen him in a line-up for a few weeks. Is he injured ? Preparing his next ref' career ?

Theyr're resting him apparently. I think the whole point of having Glenda and Hoohaa with Goode in reserve was to rotate and so far its worked a charm I think! Hoohaa especially as he seems to enjoy playing away whilst Glenda prefers playing at home. Its kind of like shift work when you think about it.

Really really not sure why Schalk f**king Brits, Goode, Nieto and Saull are on the bench though. Tagicakibau is an unknown quantity, Gill is frankly still too young and undercooked but is learning which is nice. Bigus Wickus as Captain is a plus and he's seriously enjoying his time at Watford so far as is Joubert.

For confused South African readers:

Hoohaa (pronounced HOOHAA as if you're a cowboy) = Hougaard.
Bigus Wickus = van Heerden
Schalk f**king Brits = win/awesome/OVER 9000!!!1212.

Psst, Martin1813, can we have Castinede back please? The guy gets a standing ovation over here in North London :)

Oh Prestwick, Thomas has been retired for just 2 years and you already have forgotten how to spell it ? ;)
Sure, Castaignède is hard to replace. Back to Sarries, why not ? Provided that he plays, I don't really care where. It's to bad he rejected the offer of coming back to Toulouse as a flyhalf, after WC07.

A rotation with Jackson, Hougaard and Goode ? But Goode is a fullback, isn't it ? Or can he play flyhalf too ? I noticed the home/away thing too.

I think I should start watching SA 2nd tea... I mean Saracens games!

I didn't know we had one :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Nov 16 2009, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Schalk f**king Brits = win/awesome/OVER 9000!!!1212.[/b]

He is pretty freakin awesome isn't he ?

also, I really thought you were all just joking around, but that is undeniably the biggest contingent of South Africans I have ever seen in a foreign club, you might as well be playing in the currie cup for goodness sake.

Thing is, us having loads of South Africans is 1) making us top of the league and 2) not hindering our young English superstars Saull, Cato and Goode from developing and being in the 1st team. Plus there's still room for the wacky Fijian. In other words, I like.

Latest posts