SA training squad for the Namibian XV match

Discussion in 'International Test Matches' started by munross, May 20, 2009.

1. munross

munross Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Morgan Newman!!!??? WTF? :eek: , he has only played about 2 or 3 Super Rugby games and he is in the SA training squad... :huh: , he probably is a talented player (I mean he plays for the Stormers :p ) but gheez being selected after only just starting to play in Super Rugby...<strike>(must be something to do with the quota system)</strike> :rolleyes:

On the other hand I'm glad to see Jean Deysel, Steven Sykes, Jano Vermaak and Wian du Preez being selected as they all have had a super Super Rugby season and then not even to mention Heinrich Brüssow, what a talent!

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Jer1cho

Jer1cho Guest

Andries Bekker, Heinrich Brüssow, Schalk Burger, Jean de Villiers, Jean Deysel, Bismarck du Plessis, Wian du Preez, Peter Grant, Adi Jacobs, Ricky Januarie, Ryan Kankowski, Tendai Mtawarira, Johan Muller, Odwa Ndungane, Morgan Newman, Jongi Nokwe, JP Pietersen, Earl Rose, John Smit (capt), Juan Smith, Adriaan Strauss, Steven Sykes, Jano Vermaak.

:wacko:

My picks to make the test team out of this group are:

Schalk Burger - Unfortunately because of his name. There are much better players than him.
    Jean de Villiers
    Jean Deysel
    Bismarck du Plessis
    Adi Jacobs
    Ryan Kankowski
    Tendai Mtawarira
    JP Pietersen
    John Smit
    Juan Smith

Hopefully vermaak gets the nod before stupid Januarie.

4. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

Do we know the lineup for the Namibian XV?

5. Who's "much better" than Burger? :lol:

6. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ May 20 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    No, but there's talk of many non-Namibian players in it

7. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ May 20 2009, 01:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]
    Yes, I once heard that the Mighty Chabal was going to play with them. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
    [​IMG]

8. munross

munross Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (O'Rothlain @ May 21 2009, 03:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    [/b][/quote]
    Yes, I once heard that the Mighty Chabal was going to play with them. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
    [​IMG]
    [/b][/quote]

Are you Insane!?!?!? :eek: After he almost single handedly murdered them at the RWC, I HIGHLY doubt that he would play for the "Biltong Boere" (Namibia rugby team's nickname).

Anyhow here is The Namibian Invitation XV:

http://www.sarugby.net/default.asp?des=article&id=300889

*Bolded are all the SA players as far as I know

9. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

I think I see what PdV is doing here. Many of those players in the invitational team are in contention for a Springbok spot. Most notably Kockott & Vermeulen. Many a bit of a trail going on here? For those 2 at least.

10. woohoo

woohoo Guest

Looks like that Namibian XV will be changed due to Naka and the Cheetahs refusing to allow their players to be released for this match.

Positive: Allows the Cheetahs to be better prepared for their own match with the Lions.
    Negative: Doesn't allow those players that were chosen to prove to PDV that they deserve to be in the Springbok squad.

11. O'Rothlain

O'Rothlain Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Intercept King JdV @ May 21 2009, 10:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3...5152588,00.html
    Yeah, I'm f___ing bonkers, mate. The article is dated 06 April 2009. It's not the only one out there either:
    http://www.sixnationsweb.co.uk/news/article.asp?id=19475
    http://www.sport24.co.za/Content/Rugby/264...to_take_on_Boks

So, I guess, what you are saying is it didn't end up happening and he won't be turning out for the Namibian INVITATIONAL XV...

12. Jer1cho

Jer1cho Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Incredible Schalk @ May 20 2009, 08:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Me... B)

13. munross

munross Guest

Bosman added to SA training squad

Not a bad choice at all, he has played for the Boks before and had a pretty good Super 14 this year.

14. dundeesmiffy

dundeesmiffy Guest

I would have thought ol' Percy would be involved in this...wasn't he born in Namibia? This would have been a good bow out of rugby.

15. munross

munross Guest

All Sharks front-row should be very strong, 9 and 10 combination between Ricky Januarie & Peter Grant should be good and then just look at that bench!<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Should be a walk in the park for the Springboks :unsure: <_<

16. Steve-o

Steve-o Guest

I think PdV is wasting his time here. This talk about seeing if Newman can play on "the next level" is BS. Are the mediocre Frikkie Welsh & Wayne 'cant get a Currie Cup game' Julies the next level? WASTE OF TIME. Newman is 4th in the pecking order at the Stormers for a centre position. Bobo, JdV, Des Fountain and Grant are ahead of him.
    Dont even get me started on Earl 'throw a quick line out on my 5m line to myself then get turned over and concede a try and then get move OUT of 15 because I'm more crap than my crap team' Rose. Urghh... Ludik should get a chance over that fool.
    Januarie should NOT be there either, was kept on the bench by a 20 year old this whole season!!! And it looks like he's trying to do an impersonation of Caucau with that bellie of his. Lay off the fish and chips ek se, my owe, my china!

Positives are Jean Deysel, Jano Vermaak, Ryan Kankowski and Heinrich Brussouw. BTW I dont think Muller deserves to be there, he's the Sharks captain and all but he's woeful around the field. He's like the SA version of Steve Borthwick.

17. savundra92

savundra92 Guest

Hopefully, Duane Vermeulen will smash newman. It's a shame because I would have wanted Luke Watson to play if he hadn't caused so much controversy.

18. munross

munross Guest

Bok coach satisfied with Windhoek exercise

Pretty **** that this game wasn't on tv. :angry: <_< -_-

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!