• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Sad Married F___ers

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fa'atau82 @ Nov 21 2008, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm also an SMF. See marriage is just like rugby. You find a club and settle into it, maybe it's the same club you have been at as a youth. Maybe you have journeyed a bit, but doesn't matter now that you have found a decent club. You are playing fly-half. Things go really well, you get a call-up to the National Team as fly-half. A cap comes, time for celebration!

But after the cap, your club then expects you to only play for them, and extra commitment or you will lose the contract. Often this commitment may include coaching the u-16's on a sunday morning. Alas other clubs notice your performance and they become possible suitors. Your club blocks any transfer of you going anywhere, even though you never planned to. This leads to some minor dispute. You start to lose your starting place and your performance drops a tad, and although you have trained hard all week as you do every week, you are not even in the matchday 22 most weeks.

Eventually, the club decides to sell you. They release you, but you have to buy-out your contract. You go to a newly formed club that is really making a name for itself and start again. Eventually, you may even be capped again.

After a long career, possibly flirting with more caps you get old and have to retire as you just don't have a hard tackle often enough these days and you can't seem to ruck like you used to.[/b]
Genius analogy. Who the heck dug up this thread???

Yeha, i was gonna pounce on that.
I've never been to a wedding for the bride or groom.
It's always for the food.

Even at my sisters wedding i was looking forward to the food.
Coz we all know the church part is like rabid ferrets chewing at your testicles; the dancefloor is strictly off limits coz as billy connolly rightly points out, dancing is a form of foreplay...and my relatives (including my mum) are on the dancefloor; and of course the best man's speech who's jokes everyone seems to get...but me become terdious and coma-worthy.

Weddings are a godawful day for the visitors and (probably) the bride and groom.
The only ones who enjoy it are the sentimental idiots:
Mother of the Bride
Mother of the groom
...and some other teary females.