Sad news … no RM Fantasy Rugby …

BPM

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Harlequins
Unfortunately there won't be any Premiership Fantasy Rugby this season.

Here's Ed's post to share the background in his own words: https://therugbymagazine.com/gallagher-premiership/its-time-to-hang-up-our-boots

I put a lot of time in to trying to grow this game too and it's a huge shame to have reached this point.

Ultimately, Premiership Rugby never really showed any interest. Perhaps they have plans we don't know about, but there won't be any kind of fantasy rugby for the Premiership this season, which is a major miss IMO.

Unfortunately there won't be any Premiership Fantasy Rugby this season.

Here's Ed's post to share the background in his own words: https://therugbymagazine.com/gallagher-premiership/its-time-to-hang-up-our-boots

I put a lot of time in to trying to grow this game too and it's a huge shame to have reached this point.

Ultimately, Premiership Rugby never really showed any interest. Perhaps they have plans we don't know about, but there won't be any kind of fantasy rugby for the Premiership this season, which is a major miss IMO.
compared to other sports rugby (all competitions) are absolutely terrible with fan engagement through statistics. Stats were a big way I interacted with American sports growing up. I can look up how many goals a guy has scored in the NHL for every season back to the 1910s. The NBA allows me to look up what a guys shooting percentage is at different distances and in different defensive scenarios. Premiership rugby can't even tell me what a guy's kicking percentage is or present the stats in a reasonable manner. Hell, it'd be easier to find my high school basketball stats than it would be to find how many tries Maro Itoje has scored in his Saracens career.

I'm really quite upset by this.
It changed the way I watched Premiership games, gave me more enjoyment and increased my engagement with the game in general. I was planning on signing up for the Pro version this season.

I can quite understand anyone not wanting the work involved with organising it though. Really, someone at Premiership Rugby should cough up a few quid and pick it up, pronto.

OTOH, I suppose I remain the TRF Six Nations Fantasy Rugby champion in perpetuity. Just sayin'

Latest posts