• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Saints v Scarlets

lol at the headline!

'Welsh powerhouse faces up to arrogant English newcomers'

Can't believe they are calling the Scarlets a powerhouse, they've failed to make any impression this season, promising alot in each game, ultimately falling short!

The Western Mail should look at investing in some decent journalists. Their stuff can be entertaining sometimes mind! I've also noticed they love to use the word 'rapped' when describing what a coach etc. has said.

Hang on, I actually decided to read more than the ***le. This aint real!

Should have actually looked at it more closely (atall) in the first place.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Oct 30 2008, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hang on, I actually decided to read more than the ***le. This aint real!

Should have actually looked at it more closely (atall) in the first place.[/b]

:lol:

Wait, I decided to read more than the ***le and... :lol:

Some of my favourite lines:

"This weekend's programme of rugby fixtures sees mirroring the centuries of injustice the Welsh suffer day-in, day-out in real life"

"In 2000, despite DOMINATING the Saints in every aspect of play in a Heineken Cup semi-final, Llanelli were CHEATED out of their rightful win when current Saints coach and then fly-half Paul Grayson GRATUITOUSLY headbutted the foot of Scarlets' flanker Neil Boobyer. Not only was Grayson not shown red, he even kicked the resulting penalty without even thinking to run the ball."

"Barry Davies ran in from 50 metres passing every Saints player, some of them twice, on a score of UNPARALLELED genius in a Heineken Cup fixture a few years ago."

"World Player of the Year-elect Regan King" - well, this I can agree with. ;)

"but Jones got the plaudits in Hamilton, where he HEROICALLY and single-handedly stopped Woodward's PATHETICALLY selected Lions slumping to a record defeat."

"Either way, it's going to be a great weekend for Scarlets, and therefore Welsh, rugby and a World Cup victory and new Golden Age is surely in the offing."

No, seriously, who the hell wrote this? :huh: :lol:

Scarlets by 60

That is quite funny, but onto some important rugby matters: The blues face bath in about an hour and a half! Both the Blues, Scarlets and ospreys need to win this weekend for wales to dominate the edf (dragons need a bonus point win and need Gloucester to lose by more than 7 points; aint gona happen)

And that's why i f***ing hate the English clubs.
Forever opressing us Welsh clubs; you arrogant f***s always making the game that middle-class sport that it is in your country.
It's a working class game and remember that, you toffy nosed ********!

Arrogant Saints to go crashing out spectacularly on saturday against our powerhouse Scarlets!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 31 2008, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Forever opressing us Welsh clubs; you arrogant f***s always making the game that middle-class sport that it is in your country.

Arrogant Saints to go crashing out spectacularly on saturday against our powerhouse Scarlets!!![/b]

A well thought out reply :bravo:

You may want to lock the other thread I made. :unsure:
C'mon Scarlets!
And Regan King - the best player in the universe - scores the first try. Touchline conversion to come.
5 - 0
:lol: And Stoddart burns both Bruce Reihana and Chris Ashton to score in the corner.

Meh, 33 - 20 win for Northampton in the end. Annoyed with:

Wayne Barnes' inability to pick up a forward pass.
Simon Easterby's consistent SHITEness. :rolleyes:.

Puh.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Nov 1 2008, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Simon Easterby's consistent SHITEness. :rolleyes: .

Puh.[/b]

I think you mean the Scarlets consistent SHITEness... (They seriously have some BIG problems - not a good way to head into a new era at Parc y Scarlets)
really disappointed with them, as they just let it slip in the second half. They seem to be able to score tries easily enough, just cant seem to stop the opposition scoring either! Stoddards attacking skills are brilliant, but once again this match highlights that he needs to buck up his defensive capabilities before he can be allowed anywhere near the Welsh no.15 shirt for big games.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Phil Henry @ Nov 1 2008, 01:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Oct 31 2008, 11:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Arrogant Saints to go crashing out spectacularly on saturday against our powerhouse Scarlets!!![/b]

A well thought out reply :bravo:
[/b][/quote]

Thank you. I thought it was a very well observed post, where it concentrates on issues such as class.
And we all know how evil the english are!
LOL.

My commiserations to the Scarlets, for their inability to qualify for the semi finals.

Saw the last ten minutes. Hard day at the office.

For all the Scarlets offloading, the best piece of play was when Saints had their maul collapsed and then just picked it up again, rolled forward and got a penalty.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Nov 1 2008, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Simon Easterby's consistent SHITEness. :rolleyes:.

Puh.[/b]

I also thought he had a poor day. All those read shirts going over the top/in at the side / sealing in. If I can see it from 50 yards away, that plonk should have seen it from 5.

Just saw the highlights now and to be fair that was a lovely forward pass that lead to a try for the Saints.
But Scarlets were pretty much gash by the looks of things.
The players seemed to be chuffed with the win - given the remarks from the English boys around here you would have expected those players and fans to just walk out shrugging their shoulders considering what competition they're playing in...

Latest posts