• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Saints-Wigan called off

B

Bullitt

Sunday's friendly between St Helens and Wigan Warriors has been called off due to safety concerns.

The match had been scheduled for 3pm at Knowsley Road but ice on the approaches to the stadium means conditions are too dangerous for the game to go ahead.

"Even though there has been a significant thaw, the roads leading to the ground and pathways are still covered in ice and therefore aren't safe," ground safety officer Bob Singleton explained on the Saints' official website.

"The car park is particularly hazardous and therefore we had no option than to call it off.

"We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause to both sets of fans."

Salford's pre-season friendly at Leigh has also fallen victim to the snow and ice.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12196_5804398,00.html

The north's expecting some more big snows in the coming days up until the new year as well, aren't they?

I didn't even bother looking for official confirmation, I knew it was going to be off on Christmas Eve when I went to pick up my season ticket. It wasn't snow that had caused the problems, it was the fact snow from Sunday and Monday had frozen overnight. I have never seen such treacherous pavements as I have this year, roads too.

Matt - more bad weather is forecast from tomorrow, yes. We currently have thick fog. As for the game, I doubt it will be re-arranged.

Latest posts