International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

How many Saracens players actually live in London?

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

How many Saracens players actually live in London?
From the house party addresses they kept sharing when on their Heineken Cup win bender: At least a handful

ncurd

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

And isn't London expensive because it's desirable?
Well that and people buying investment properties. Either way these people aren't earning salaraies where the extra cost of living is required to make ends meat. In fact they are quite significantly above that.

BrokenWing

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

UK

Club or Nation

Bristol

Chris Ashton said:
The investment was completely separate to the rugby for me, Nigel was never involved in any negotiations of contracts or anything like that. I saw Nigel as a businessman outside of rugby that I went to see to get a loan, like I would from the bank.

It was completely separate to my contract. Nigel likes property, he invests in property. He came along to the house to see it with me, we had a look round and he gave some thoughts on what we could do.

I can completely understand why people are annoyed about it because it is a benefit that you don’t get at other clubs. Now I do understand. I do see it. At the time, I didn’t."

Oh Chris.....

Old Hooker

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

The further points deduction makes no practical difference as we know they’re going to be relegated anyway but it does all feel like it’s being made up on the hoof.

TheSaffycen

First XV
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

England

It's a position that England have depth, do feel if it wasn't the 2 clubs involved it might have gone through.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

He's free to go, he's just not free to play for England while there - which I agree with.

TRF_Olyy

English Arrogance
Staff member
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Tigs Man

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Puerto Rico

Club or Nation

Wigan

Lol indeed.

The cap can always go back up, rather keep the league competitive and a bit more sustainable than the plaything for sugar daddies.

BrokenWing

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

UK

Club or Nation

Bristol

Bit of a kick in the slats isn't it though if you've been building a team for next season around the current cap, to then have the goalposts moved.

Edit: Just read it's from the season after, fair enough.

https://www.rugbyworld.com/news/premiership-rugby-agree-salary-cap-cut-110583#:~:text=All 13 clubs in PRL,minimum of £6.4m.

"All 13 clubs in PRL – Premiership Rugby‘s administrative arm – have unanimously agreed to cut the league’s salary cap by £1.4m"

"For any existing contracts that continue into the 2021-22 salary year, and beyond, their cap cost will be counted at 75% of their overall actual value, to sensibly manage the transition to new cap levels."

Last edited:

scotty507

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Club or Nation

Exeter

So if someone is on 100k it only counts 75k towards the cap but when they renew its back to 100k(assuming they stayed on the same)

Could cause issues on renewal, on 100k but renewing at 100k means we are ovet the cap...will be some unhappy players.