• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Salary cap to (nearly) double

Well one thing is for sure this isn't gonna make English Clubs invest in English Players...

So I guess we can all get ready for the huge Influx of yet more Foriegn players...

WELL DONE THE Retard f***ing Union... Way to Kill the game even more...

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/rugbyunion/sto...2235278,00.html

Interesting, and great news for Northampton, Leicester, Wasps, Gloucester, Worcester and Saracens. Bit crap however for the pennyless clubs.

Discuss. [/b]

Fixed.

*flashes a FAT WAD of his new South African rand*

saracenskh5.jpg

Although apparently, according to people inside Saracens, thats not what they want to spend the HUGE WADS OF RAND on. They want to try and build a stadium in Watford or elsewhere in Hertfordshire to be ready by the time their contract with Watford FC runs out in 2011.

Rugby should be a first to bring in a for every overseaes player on the pitch two brits rule. this will save the game long term.

I love that it says a salary cap was brought in to ensure that the premier rugby league (what is now the GP) does not turn into its football comparison. Surely this rise will do this, not by separating the table into two halves, but by bringing in more international players. Not a great move by premier rugby by a long shot. I'm expecting more SH players becoming inhabitants of the prem. This isn't necessarily a bad thing (for one, the rugby would be great, plus increased attendance to see big names) but ignoring the grass roots problem.

Much better would have been to use this money to develop club academies and create more quality English players.

mmm not in favour, guess it makes Hernandez's move to Leicester a little easier. but no-one wants to see over-paid wasters in rugby, tht's what footballs for :)

Well the thing is the new cap is the total players can receive from the club, whereas in the old scheme players could receive "sponsorship" from the club and be paid by a subsidiary company.

So in fact I don't think much will change, at least if what I've been told is true.

<div class='quotemain'> http://sport.guardian.co.uk/rugbyunion/sto...2235278,00.html

Interesting, and great news for Northampton, Leicester, Wasps, Gloucester, Worcester and Saracens. Bit crap however for the pennyless clubs.

Discuss. [/b]

Fixed.

*flashes a FAT WAD of his new South African rand*

saracenskh5.jpg

Although apparently, according to people inside Saracens, thats not what they want to spend the HUGE WADS OF RAND on. They want to try and build a stadium in Watford or elsewhere in Hertfordshire to be ready by the time their contract with Watford FC runs out in 2011. [/b][/quote]

:lol:

Interesting i was wondering what the financial situation was......having our own stadium would be awesome it would mean more revenue. :)

Latest posts