Sale Sharks appoint new Chief Executive

Teh Mite

TRF Legend
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
The Boards of Cheshire Sport and Manchester Sale Rugby Club have today announced a restructure of the Board of Sale Sharks with the appointment of Mick Hogan as the new Chief Executive. Mick will join the Club from Super League side Wigan Warriors, where he has been Chief Executive since joining in 2008.<!-- {/abstract} -->

Mick has extensive experience of rugby in both codes, working for the Rugby Football League, for Super League side Gateshead Thunder, Premier Rugby and two periods at Newcastle Falcons, the second one as Commercial Director.
At Wigan Warriors Mick has overseen the club's off-field operations with specific responsibility for commercial activities, marketing, retail, community foundation, sponsorship and club administration. Wigan are currently top of the Super League. Mick, aged 39, lives in Leigh with his wife and his two young children. Current Chief Executive James Jennings will remain on the board as a non-executive director and will continue to have responsibility for strategic projects, including progressing initiatives for the development of a new stadium. James will work closely with Mick and the other members of the Board in moving the Club forward to achieve its goals.
Sale Sharks owner Brian Kennedy said: "I am delighted that Mick has agreed to become the new Chief Executive of Sale Sharks. Mick will bring to the role his experience of running a world renowned rugby league club, together with 18 years of commercial experience gained working in both codes. I am convinced that under Mick's leadership we will be able to grow and develop the commercial activities of the Club which will help the Club deliver its strategy both on and off the pitch ."
" I am also delighted that James Jennings will continue to provide his experience and skill as a non-executive director, concentrating his efforts to fulfil our ambition of developing new stadium facilities. James has lead the Club through a difficult economic period and has been central to the efforts made by Cheshire Sport in helping Stockport County get out of Administration and under new stable ownership. I thank James for his valuable contribution over the past two and half years and look forward to working with him in the future."
Mick Hogan said: "I am tremendously excited to be joining Sale Sharks as Chief Executive and I look forward to the challenge of taking the Club to the next level of success working closely with the rest of the Board. Sale Sharks is a fantastic club and one which I believe will be again challenging for major honours within a couple of seasons."
James Jennings said: "I am enormously proud to have had the opportunity to been at the helm of Sale Sharks over the last few seasons, and look forward to working with Mick and the rest of the team going forward."
http://www.guinnesspremiership.com/news/13770.php

Latest posts